FSN Scores Pair of Wins
- NBA, Nets Talk Renewal. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;4/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p2
The article reports that the National Basketball Association (NBA) is negotiating with ESPN and Turner Network Television to extend their current six-year rights deals. The deals will expire after the 2007-2008 season. Executives close to all three parties confirm NBA wants to accelerate the...
- PPV sports in major league slump. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;10/30/95, Vol. 125 Issue 44, p52
Reports on professional sports teams' decreased interest in pay-per-view television in the United States. Low sales and new cable deals as the factors in the decreased interest; Potential negative effect on pay-delivery services with the entry of direct broadcast satellite ou-of-market sports...
- Fox's sporting chance. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;07/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p23
Focuses on United States-based sports cable television network Fox Sports Net. Network as subsidiary of News Corp.; Network's goal of competing with and surpassing rival ESPN.
- CIAA AND ESPN TOURNAMENT COVERAGE. // Jet;11/29/2004, Vol. 106 Issue 22, p51
Reports on the celebration of a new agreement between television sports network ESPN and the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA), the oldest historically Black college and university athletic conference. How ESPN will cover the league's tournament; Terms of the three-year deal.
- Fox Scores NBA Regional Wins. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p6
Reports on an agreement reached by Fox Sports Net Inc. (FSN) with Memphis Grizzlies in November 2004 to telecast the latter's season games on FSN South and FSN Southwest beginning November 3, 2004. Lawsuit filed by Astros against FSN; Firms that are preparing to roll out regional sports...
- Fox Midwest Drops Were Short Lived. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p12
Focuses on the temporary pull-out of Fox Sports Midwest from cable systems in the U.S. Dispute over rate increase; Failure to reach contractual terms; Details of the conflict.
- Fox sports adds news shows. Umstead // Multichannel News;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p58
Reports that Fox Sports Net regional networks will produce and distribute local sport-news shows. Schedule of the shows; Use of local hosts; Production of the shows; Importance of local shows in differentiating Fox from other channels.
- Fox Sports Net Shifts Local-News Telecasts. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/09/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p20
Reports on a revised scheduling format to be implemented by Fox Sports Net in April 2001. Goal of accentuating affiliates' regional appeal; How the show 'Regional Sports Report' incorporates the regional sports network's name and the phrase 'Sports Report'; Strategy of improving the consumer's...
- STATIC. // Sporting News;04/09/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 15, p9
Reports on developments in television coverage of sports in the United States as of April 9, 2001 such as Fox Sports Net's schedule viewed as the best counter-programming possible.