THROUGH THE WIRE
- Headendings. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/23/98, Vol. 128 Issue 12, p95
Presents information on issues pertaining to the television broadcasting industry in the United States. Information on the documentary-style personality profile to be launched by CNBC; Number of subscribers for direct broadcast satellite SkyTrends received; Details on a deal ZDTV signed with...
- National Geographic lands Fox subs in TV co-op deal. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/21/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the cable television subscriber deal between United States-based cable network National Geographic Channel and the National Cable TV Co-op as of December 21, 2000. Terms of the subscriber agreement.
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;11/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p2
Presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of November 2005. Appointment of Jeff Abbas at National Cable Television Cooperative; Partnership of Motorola Inc, with Juniper Networks Inc. for next-generation modular cable-modem termination system technology; Information on a...
- Optimizing cable ad sales. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;11/02/98, Vol. 8 Issue 41, p12
Reports that Comedy Central's advertising sales research group has started pitching a new advertising sales efficiency study to American agencies and networks in an effort to make basic cable easier to buy. Determination of the best breakdown between cable and broadcast television and figure out...
- Islands in a sea of networks. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;03/17/97, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on challenges faced by stand-alone cable television networks in the United States. Inability of most networks to succeed without the backing of multiple system operators (MSO); Classic Sports Network's legal fight with Cablevision Systems over the latter's alleged attempt to coerce...
- HBO READY TO HELP LI'L BUDDY CINEMAX. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p16
Talks about the support given by cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) to its sister channel Cinemax, through advertisements in its network,in July 2002 in the U.S. Decline in the subscriber count of Cinemax; Percentage of pay-TV households in the U.S. which order HBO as their first...
- July Ratings a Sweep For Basic-Cable Nets. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p3
Focuses on the July 2001 ratings of cable television networks in the United States. Comparison of the ratings of cable firms and television broadcasting networks; Lifetime Television's standing in primetime ratings; Dominance of Nickelodeon in total-day ratings; Assessment of the reality...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Will NUE ever be on TV? McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p104
Reports the difficulties faced by New Urban Entertainment (NUE), a black general entertainment network, in the United States. Scarcity of funds; Expression of acquisition interest by Sony Corp., Time Warner Inc. and NBC Inc.; Reduction of company production.