This Just In
- Outlook: Net Gains, Sub Losses. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p92
Reports on the expected earnings of cable television networks in the U.S. for the second quarter of 2004. Rise in revenue and operating income before depreciation and amortization of Viacom Inc.; Basic subscriber gain in the period for Time Warner Inc.; Strong revenue and cash-flow growth for...
- BIZ Briefs. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;2/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p18
Presents news briefs on the television industry in the U.S. as of February 7, 2005. Decision of Viacom chief financial officer Richard Bressler not to renew his employment contract when it expires in March 2006; Resignation of TiVo president Martin Yudkovitz; Bid of cable firms Comcast and Time...
- Local-Ad Sales Softness Stings Viacom. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p6
Reports on the decision of Viacom Inc. to lower its full-year revenue and earnings guidance due to the slow recovery of the local cable television advertising market in the U.S., as of September 29, 2003. Decline in Viacom's share price; Forecast on local advertising growth for local...
- Cable's Living the Stream. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;2/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the business activities of two cable television networks, Comcast Corp. and Viacom Inc., in the U.S.
- BIZ Briefs. // Television Week;1/17/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p71
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting in the U.S. as of January 17, 2005. Plan of TiVo chairman and CEO Michael Ramsay to resign from his post; Intention of Viacom to acquire and segregate television stations in smaller markets; Promotion of Amy Banse at Comcast.
- BIZ Briefs. // Television Week;10/27/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p14
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of October 27, 2003. Profits of Time Warner in the third-quarter of 2003; Profits of Viacom in the third quarter of 2003; Business losses of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
- Soup-to-nuts television. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;01/18/99, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p56
Features United States-based syndicated television program production firm Paramount Pictures. Entry of firm into television program syndication; Roster of syndicated television programs; Television library collection.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;5/3/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p124
Presents charts and graphs of stock prices of several companies in the television industry in the U.S. as of May 3, 2004. Adelphia; Comcast; Crown Media.
- Comcast cleans deal closet. Higgins // Broadcasting & Cable;11/22/99, Vol. 129 Issue 48, p36
Highlights four separate transactions at Comcast Corp. in 1999. Includes the acquisition of Lenfest Communications Inc.; Company's buyout of Prime Cable's suburban Washington and Chicago, Illinois operations; Comcast's decision to exchange systems serving its northern Florida operation for Time...