- Privatized financing is costly. Williams, John F. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/27/97, Vol. 238 Issue 4, p137
Opinion. Presents public works cases in the United States to prove that traditional forms of public finance are superior to privatized financing. Achievement of a monopolistic position by winning bidders; Loss of value in the payment of private sector expenses; Cases in which privatized...
- Oklahoma Authority to decide on RFPs for $318 million of road, prison debt. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30179, p6
Discloses that the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority board of directors is expected to issue two requests for proposals for $300 million of highway bonds and an $18 million prison bond transaction. Lawmakers' approval of a $1 billion highway package during the Oklahoma Legislature's 1997...
- Midwest Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30854, p27
Focuses on issues related to bonds in the Middle West. Introduction of Central Loop tax increment financing bond deal to fund downtown improvements in Chicago; Offer of limited-tax general obligation bonds by East Maine District for school improvement projects; Plans of Lawrence Technological...
- New Orleans plans water, sewer deals. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/27/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30508, p24
Reports on a series of bond deals planned by the government of New Orleans, Louisiana to help the city refund its debt and pay for water and sewer projects. Schedule of the competitive sale of the bonds; Names of the investment companies that will managed the refunding deals.
- Road Repair Project Will Send Mass. in New Financing Direction. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;07/24/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30938, p1
Reports on the changes in infrastructure financing in Massachusetts resulting from a design-build contract for the repair and expansion of the Route 3 corridor. Structure of the bond deal for the project; Future of design-build projects in the state.
- Missouri. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p26
Reports that the Kansas City, Missouri will put four bond-financed public works projects worth more than $500 million in the November 1997 ballot.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p29
Reports developments related public finance in the U.S. Southeast region. Plan of Miami-Dade County to issue aviation revenue bonds; Decline of total revenue collections in the state of Georgia; Refusal of the Kentucky County Debt Commission over the proposed bond anticipation note deal for the...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p27
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of August 2002. Agreement between private conservation organization to buy lands by the Air Force Base in Maricopa County; Struggles on economic crises with budget deficits in Arizona; Considerations on industrial development revenue...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of October 2002. Establishment of the structurally balanced financial operations; Stabilization of the fund balance reserve levels; Decrease of the rate on revenue bonds.