Albuquerque declares war on unchecked sprawl
- What sort of city are we to be? McCabe, Bob // New Mexico Business Journal;Oct95, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p9
Opinion. Presents ideas that will help place Albuquerque, New Mexico in a competitive position in the global economy. Need for a regional and multi-jurisdictional approach; Quality of natural and built environments versus quality of economic and business environments; Importance of quality of...
- The Next Generation Economy Initiative. Shepherd, Shawn // New Mexico Business Journal;May2002, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p43
Presents information on an economic development initiative in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Features of the Next Generation Economy Initiative; Details on the industry clusters in Albuquerque; Background on the artisan manufacturing sector in New Mexico.
- Albuquerque Water Authority Refunding $195M. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/11/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34158, p1
The article discusses the plan of the water utility authority serving Albuquerque and Bernalillo County in New Mexico to issue 195 million dollars of refunding bonds in August 2014, which is expected in interest-rate savings. Topics include the authority's plan to price bonds through negotiation...
- A bolder BLM. Hamilton, Joan; McManus, Reed // Sierra;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p51
Profiles Jim Baca, the new director of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). Baca's background and career; His tough stands; How he is considered a radical by ranchers and miners; The numerous problems in the BLM he faces.
- Signpost. // Backpacker;Jun94, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the various developments concerning wilderness camping and travelling. Resignation of Jim Baca as director of the US Bureau of Land Management; Nesting sites for waterfowls; Submission of a proposed zoning plan of the Yellowstone National Park.
- What Big Teeth You Have, Mayor Baca. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;02/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p34
Reports that Mayor Jim Baca of Albuquerque, New Mexico has declared January 10, 1999 to be `Wolf Week.' Information on the threats to Farm Bureau related to its lawsuit to oust imported wolves from an area of the Yellowstone National Park; Warning announced by the federation's opponents for the...
- Agriculture. // New Mexico Business Journal;Sep93, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p7
Cautions cattlemen to be prepared for paying increasing grazing fees on Bureau of Land Management (BLM) properties in New Mexico. Appeal by BLM director Jim Baca; Baca as state lands commisioner; Appointment by President Bill Clinton to the BLM post.
- An Alarming Discovery. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Feb2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p17
Comments on the failure of security officers to respond to the remote-control panic buttons, installed at the mayor's office for security purposes, when it was tested by Albuquerque Mayor Jim Baca. Reason given by security officers for their failure to respond.
- BLM's Baca steps down from post. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Mar1994, Vol. 195 Issue 3, p16BB
Reports on the resignation of Jim Baca, director of the US Bureau of Land Management (BLM). Michael Dombeck as acting director of BLM; Reason for resignation; Dombeck's career background.