- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: RETAIL. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/12/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 34, p52
Presents several charts depicting investment banking activities in retail trade in the U.S. Global retail underwriting volume; New issues; Volume by product.
- Recipe for Change. Davidowitz, Howard L. // Chain Store Age;Apr2005, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p95
Focuses on the growth of private-equity investment in the retail trade in the U.S. Characteristics of the investments; Approaches used by private-equity firms in develop undervalued firms; Factors in change of culture experienced by the acquired company.
- Green gauges. // Money Marketing;6/10/2004, p49
Assesses the investments of the Skandia Investment Management in Great Britain. Retail sales; Factors on the success of Skandia; Evaluation of ethical funds.
- Broker funds. // Finweek;8/17/2006 Supplement, p7
The article discusses the development of retail investment in terms of global market. The emergence of broker funds, funds, of funds, or multi-manager funds. The author found out that some companies are recognizing the inevitable trend and a business opportunity. Financial advisers are setting...
- A Matter of Trust. Forseter, Murray // Chain Store Age;Aug2002, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on the impact of the corporate scandal on retail companies. Details of allegations concerning Wal-Mart's labor practices; Response to allegations of financial misdeeds and unfair labor practices; Key factor supporting customer-retailer relationship.
- FINANCIALS. // DSN Retailing Today;10/27/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the financial performance of retail companies in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2003. Net profit of Apple Computers; Sales performance of A.C. Moore Arts and Crafts.
- Calculating Price/Sales Ratio. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Actionlists & Checklists;2007, p58
The article offers information on price/sales (P/S) ratio which measures the relative value of a stock. According to the annual sales figure, the P/S ratio is obtained by dividing the market capitalization. So a company with a capitalization of $1 billion and sales of $3 billion would have a P/S...
- Walter Tipper Ltd. // Builders Merchants Journal;Feb2004 Supplement, p31
Features builders merchant chain Walter Tipper Ltd. of Great Britain. Financial performance from 1999 to 2003; Retail side of the business; Investment activity.
- The Best Stock You've Never Heard Of. Birger, Jon // Money;Jun2001, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p27
Focuses on the financial status of women's clothing retail chain Christopher & Banks, as of June, 2001. Success of the company under the leadership of chief executive officer Bill Prange; Five-year total returns for the company; Target customer of Christopher & Banks; Opinion that the company...