- Brokerage stocks ranked by performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p14
Lists the top brokerage stocks in the United States. Rankings based on stock market performance on February 24, 1999.
- Brokerage stocks ranked by performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/21/98, Vol. 64 Issue 51, p13
Lists brokerage stocks ranked by performance as of December 16, 1998. Firm; Ticker symbol; Closing price; Price/earning ratio; Percent change from previous week; Year-to-date change; 52-week low; 52-week high.
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/14/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p35
Presents charts depicting the performance of the brokerage stocks of the brokerage firms in the U.S.
- D2C providers: Budget guidance guarantee must be delivered online. Glenister, Michael // Money Marketing (Online Edition);6/6/2014, p4
The article reports that the direct-to-consumer (D2C) investment firms have said that the British government has no choice but to deliver budget guidance promise through web. Stockbroker and D2C investment platform Charles Stanley Direct says that the guarantee will be delivered online or risk...
- Using trend dynamics for day-trading profits. Muehlberg, Richard L. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Oct2007, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p34
The article discusses the application of trend dynamics for day-trading profits. The author cites several queries relating to trader's personality and evaluates their answers. He also provides a chart consisting of four markets that portray beneficial day-trends for traders to capitalize on it....
- Purchasing IPOs with Commissions. Goldstein, Michael A.; Irvine, Paul; Puckett, Andy // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep2011, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p1193
We find direct evidence that institutions increase round-trip stock trades, increase average commissions per share, and pay unusually high commissions on some trades in order to send abnormally high commissions to the lead underwriters of profitable initial public offerings (IPOs). These excess...
- Section 31 Update. // Traders Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 186, p12
Presents an update on the Section 31 (a) reform, which would reduce stock transaction fees in the United States, as of August 2001. Cause of the delay of the legislation; Support for the legislation; Efforts made by the Security Traders Association regarding the legislation.
- Sonic Debuts First Multibroker Direct-Access System. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;4/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p5
Sonic Financial Technologies (SFT) has launched the first multibroker direct-access system that allows buy-side firms to send orders to the broker-dealer of their choice in a portal environment. The feature includes a dropdown window, which gives buy-side firms the option of directing orders to...
- Online investing: it's not just for geeks anymore. Brooker, Katrina // Fortune;12/21/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 12, THE 1999 INVESTOR'S GUIDE p89
Profiles three people who log on to the Internet to research stocks, get prices on trades, and control their finances. The online investors being broker Duane Davis, police officer Frank Brucato, and housewife Joan Sherman; Why investors trade online; The impact of online broker services; The...