From prose into practice
- JUST SAY Om. // Time;8/4/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 5, p48
Our yoga instructor, Sharon Salzberg, a cofounder of the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, Mass., and the author of "Faith: Trusting Your Own Deepest Experience," asks for questions or comments. Not only do studies show that meditation boosts the immune system, but brain scans suggest that it...
- Bringing Mindfulness to Medicine: An Interview with Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD. Gazella, Karolyn // Advances in Mind-Body Medicine;Summer2005, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p22
Presents an interview with Jon Kabat-Zinn, professor of Medicine Emeritus at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, regarding mindfulness meditation. Factors influencing his fascination with integrative medicine; Emphasis of his profession; Ideas on the importance of mindful medicine.
- Meditation Is about Paying Attention. Kabat-Zinn, Jon // Reflections;Spring2002, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p68
Interviews Jon Kabat-Zinn, director of the Stress Reduction Clinic and the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, on the mind and body meditation. Relevance of the degree of attention during meditation practices; Awareness...
- MEDITATION: AN INTEGRAL PERSPECTIVE. Mandala Schlitz, Marilyn // Shift: At the Frontiers of Consciousness;Jun-Aug2006, Issue 11, p38
The article reports on meditation. According to Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, to achieve a better life, it is more useful to cultivate the inner technologies of a person than its external technology. The practice of meditation originated in Asia, and eventually adopted by the Western countries. Ken...
- Audio reviews. Vaughan, Barbara J.; Annichiarico, Mark // Library Journal;4/15/1995, Vol. 120 Issue 7, p136
Reviews the sound recording `Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life,' by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
- The Mind's Own Physician: A Scientific Dialogue with the Dalai Lama on the Healing Power of Meditation. Cardwell, Margaret // Library Journal;11/1/2011, Issue 18, p96
A review of the book "The Mind's Own Physician: A Scientific Dialogue With the Dalai Lama on the Healing Power of Meditation," edited by Jon Kabat-Zinn is presented.
- Meditation â€“ Past, Present and Future. Majewski, Paul // Art of Healing;Sep-Nov2015, Vol. 3 Issue 52, p45
The article focuses on the use of meditation for its benefits in health and wellbeing rather than for spiritual enlightenment. Topics discussed include Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program (MBSR) formulated by Professor Jon Kabat-Zinn, transcendental meditation (TM), the first form of...
- Mindfulness Meditation and Coping with Cancer. Sasser, Howell // Alternative Medicine Alert;Apr2008, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p37
The article presents research on the benefit of meditative practice in managing the symptoms of stress after cancer diagnosis. According to the author, almost all studies of mindfulness meditation with cancer patients refer to the work of Jon Kabat-Zinn, an emeritus professor at the University...
- DOES MINDFULNESS HELP OLDER ADULTS? BLOOM, PATRICIA // Bold;May2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p17
The article offers information on the mindfulness practice and its impact on older adults. Topics discussed include the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) developed by molecular biologist Jon Kabat-Zinn, meditative course for elderly and caregivers, and the benefits of MBSR. Also noted...