MDs call for socially responsible investments
- SRI trades gaining prominence in global custody. BAERT, RICK // Pensions & Investments;9/16/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the growing interests in socially responsible investments (SRI) by global custodians.
- Making Sense of the Many Kinds of Impact Investing. Trelstad, Brian // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;1/28/2016, p2
The article discusses the factors to consider when seeking to practice impact investing, which include the kind of impact preferred by the investor, the intensity and immediacy of impact, and the impact risk profile.
- Corporate Citizenship in South Africa. Visser, Wayne // Journal of Corporate Citizenship;Summer2005, Issue 18, p29
This descriptive paper provides a brief overview of the emergence of corporate citizenship (CC) in South Africa since 1994. The paper is divided into three main sections: (1) the scope of academic research on CC in South Africa; (2) the main catalysts for the increasing focus on CC over the past...
- LETTERS. Logan, Crhis; Segar, Sean; Olivier, Johan; Marcus Reichardt; Eager, Jon; Harris, Guy // Finweek;9/9/2010, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "The generous Ackerman," by Sikonathi Mantshantsha, "Tree hugging," by Marc Ashton in the August 19, 2010 issue, and one by AndrÃ© Steenekamp on the sustainable entrepreneurship development in...
- THE FUTURE OF SRI. Strandberg, Coro // Corporate Knights Magazine;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p35
The author talks about the mainstreaming of socially responsible investment (SRI) practices in Canada. She mentions her interview of international thought leaders for their views on the future of SRI in a 2005 study. She claims that a mainstream SRI sector will be limited in its ability to...
- Popularity of socially responsible assets on upswing. Carr, Kathy Ames // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p15
The article focuses on the growing interest in socially responsible investing, such as green investing, in the U.S. It explains that socially responsibility assets have increased more than 324% between 1995-2007. The product range of social responsible investing includes stocks, bonds and...
- Put Your Money Where Your Conscience Is. Priesnitz, Wendy // Natural Life;Jul/Aug2006, Issue 110, p28
The article provides information about socially responsible investing. It refers to the integration of investment with social responsibility and environmental sustainability. Socially responsible investing consists all the processes in financial decision-making that are part of a prudent...
- Getting Serious About ESG. Check, Darren J.; Davidson, Jonathan R. // Benefits Magazine;Apr2013, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into the fabric of investment strategy within the international public pension fund. ESG investment policy may help funds achieve the returns they are tasked with achieving and is not in conflict...
- ERRATA. // Corporate Knights Magazine;Jun2005, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p8
Corrections to articles published within the issue are presented, including an article on socially responsible investing (SRI) and article featuring school rankings in Canada.