- Directed by Necessity. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p10
Introduces an article about continuing education examinations for financial planners in the U.S.
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p73
This article presents a continuing education examination for certified financial planners in the U.S. as of June 2003.
- Continuing Education Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p101
This article presents an examination paper about financial planning that an aspiring financial planner can attempt. To receive the 3 hours of continuing education credit allotted for this examination, one must receive a passing grade of 75 percent or better (23 our of 33 questions). Partial...
- CFP Board Celebrates 30th Anniversary. Rojeck, Rich // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2015, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the development of Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification program by CFP Board in pursuit of competent personal financial planning. As a designation for personal financial advice providers, the certification allows financial planning to achieve broad industry and...
- FPA IN THE STATES. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p22
This article reports that the U.S. State securities commissioners are beginning to adopt an expanded Series 65 exam that includes competency elements testing an adviser's knowledge of the securities markets. In December 1999, Texas became the first major state to adopt the new exam and waivers...
- Enrollment Soars for Financial Exam. // American Banker;6/3/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 85, p16
The author reports that a record number of candidates have enrolled to take the chartered financial analyst examination as applicants compete for jobs in the recovering financial services industry.
- Confessions of a Candidate. Thompson, Duane // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p24
This section presents a personal essay on the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Certification Examination being administered in the U.S. as of March 2005. Specifically, the author talks about his experience preparing for the examination and describes what his feelings like on the very day he...
- Factors Associated with Success on the CFPï¿½ Certification Examination. Grange, E. Vance; Hampton, Vickie L.; Cutler, Richard; Langdon, Thomas P.; Ryan, Michael T. // Financial Services Review;Summer2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p95
Presents a study that examined factors associated with success on the Certified Financial Planner Certification Examination in the U.S. as of April 24, 2003. Variables considered in a logistic regression analysis conducted; Analysis of the performance of examinees whose primary business...
- CFP Board Shift: Shorter, Computer-Based Exams This Fall. Coen, Andrew // Financial Planning;Feb2014, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the plan of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board to shorten its CFP protection exam and transition to a computer-based testing platform, a change that is effective starting November 2014.