Exploring Career Paths in Financial Planning
- The NEXT GENERATION Of ADVISERS. McCarthy, Ed // Financial Planning;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p58
Discusses the challenges of meeting the demand for certified financial planners (CFP) in the U.S. and keeping them in the profession. Factors that contribute to the growth rate of CFP professionals as of October 2004; Trend in financial services firms in terms of financial planning; Lack of...
- A Commitment to Relevance. Oechsli, Matt // Registered Rep;Jan2011, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p71
The article focuses on the methods to improve the career of the financial advisors in the U.S. The financial advisors can reposition their services with the existing affluent clients to be able to establish rapport with clients. Moreover, the investment advisor must show professionalism on his...
- A Tale of Two Graduates. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p62
This article explores the career challenges confronting financial planners in the U.S. Most of today's successful financial planners entered the business via other careers. However, not all new financial planners have thrived in the business during initial entry. Some of the placement challenges...
- The Future of the Profession Is NexGen. Schulaka, Carly // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2009 Solutions, p30
The article focuses on the relevance of NexGen Inc., a Financial Planning Association (FPA) community, in the creation of the financial professional in the U.S. The vision statement of NexGen is to ensure the transfer of wisdom and integrity to the next financial planners. It has been cited that...
- Blueprints for a Profession. Jones, Nancy Langdon // Financial Planning;Sep2002, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p126
Focuses on the importance of formal internship program to certified financial planners in the U.S. Role of the Certified Financial Planner Board in reviewing internship agreements; Benefits of internships to the firm offering them. INSET: Internship Example.
- Internships for career changers: A timely idea. Kennedy, Joyce Lain // San Diego Business Journal;8/12/96, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p45
Answers a question regarding the acquisition of real work experience by job hunters. Urgency of developing transferable and cross-functional skills; Difference between temporary job and internship; University programs.
- ASA, AJSA offer summer internship. // High Plains Journal;2/14/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 60, p19.A
The article offers information on the full-time paid summer internship offered by the American Shorthorn Association (ASA) and the American Junior Shorthorn Association (AJSA) to provide students the opportunity to attain training and work experience in an association.
- TIPS FOR INTERN PROGRAMS. Anglebrandt, Gary // Crain's Detroit Business;4/14/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p0014
The article offers tips for companies and organizations with regards to their internship programs.
- New figures show record numbers of apprentices. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;10/21/2013, Issue 90, p2
The article presents provisional figures as of 2013, according to which 860,000 people with the gold standard of higher and advanced levels were involved in an apprenticeship from 2012-2013 and 1.5 million apprenticeship have been started since 2010.