Uncovering the Demons in the Sales Process
- Rocket science. Baigrie, Tom // Money Marketing;3/2/2006, p42
The article suggests several selling techniques particularly financial service products. It was advised to inform the prospective buyer of the products' features and benefits and let them decide whether they want to purchase. The government and consumers speculates that financial advisers are in...
- Daily Money Managers Help Elders with Financial Chores. DeWitt, Katherine L. // Generations;Winter2004/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p50
The article presents information about daily money managers who help older people in their financial planning. Many daily money managers provide services across all segments of the market, but those who focus their efforts on the elder market are passionate about their role in enhancing the...
- 'Way' Early Retirement. Bradley, Susan K. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p28
This article discusses the financial alternatives of restyling clients. Restyling clients are those people, under the age of 30, who stops working and plans to never work again. As they create their new style of living, they redefine themselves and then restyle their life. Restyling clients are...
- A lifestyle choice for planners. Thornycroft, Guy // Money Management;11/17/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p30
Focuses on the growth of the popularity of lifestyle planning as an alternative financial planning approach in Australia. Definition and features of the various aspects of lifestyle planning; Assessment of the structured and clearly defined methodology for delivering lifestyle planning; Benefits...
- Norwich Union warns loan advisers over cold-calling. Tryphonides, Andrea // Money Marketing;11/25/2004, p14
Reports on the warning given by Norwich Union technical manager John Whitehead to loan advisers in Great Britain over cold-calling. Reminder for mortgage intermediaries to be aware that unsolicited calls are not allowed under the new rules; Adoption of templates for initial disclosure documents...
- Scaled advice to add weight to FOFA reforms. McIntyre, Ashleigh // Super Review;May2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the alterations to the Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) in Australia, which include the introduction of scaled advice.
- Fee-for-service advice key in financial planning trial. // Super Review;May2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on the financial planning trial in Australia on the provision of advice on a free-for-service advice basis.
- Planning (And Not Selling) Your Way To Success. Bell, William // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/30/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 25, p14
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being in the financial services industry. INSET: Key To A Successful Client Engagement.
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. Rose, Philip // Money Marketing;5/15/2003, p31
Focuses on the need for additional financial advisory services in Great Britain. Comparison of the British financial advisory market with that of Canada; Need for cost-effective financial advice for low income people in the country.