Does Slow and Steady Win the Race? Not Quite
- Emerging prospects. Rock, Caspar // Money Marketing;9/26/2013, p28
The article reports developments in the emerging market investment areas as of late September 2013, particularly the positive performance of such funds as Robeco Conservative Emerging Equities fund, the Fidelity Emerging Markets fund, and the M&G Emerging Markets fund.
- Midcap Mutual Funds Reshuffling The Deck? DOUG ROGERS // Investors Business Daily;9/8/2015, p00
The article reports on the financial performance of midcap mutual funds in the U.S. from June 10, 2005 to 2015, highlighting the average midcap growth fund and value stocks.
- Observer. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p16
Highlights issues of concern to financial planning in the United States. Contradiction on the notions of conventional wisdom; Advantages and disadvantages of investing; Services offered by online alternatives to mutual funds.
- The Rise of the Corporate 529. Krebsbach, Karen // Bank Investment Consultant;May2003, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p37
Firms are finding that corporate 529s, company-based college-savings funds, offer a recruiting tool for the prospective employee. Though 529 college-savings funds have been around for five years, their new corporate version is becoming increasingly popular across the U.S. Assets in 529s now top...
- Mutual Fund Execs Put Happy Spin On the Halving of Investment Flows. GARMHAUSEN, STEPHEN; RING, NIAMH // American Banker;5/24/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 98, p1
Reports on the decreasing number of investors who are putting money into mutual funds in the United States. Mutual fund executives' reaction to the drop in inflows; Increased interest in individual stocks purchased through online brokerages; Merger activity in the asset management business;...
- As I See It. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/24/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p26
Focuses on the business operations of the Putnam mutual fund in the U.S. as of November 24, 2003. Amount of investments taken back by Putnam investors in the past week; Drop in assets over two weeks; States which have already taken steps to remove their pension assets from Putnam; Allegations...
- Tax-managed craze continues. // Bank Investment Consultant;Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p14
Reports on mutual funds' offering of tax-managed funds in the United States. Nations Strategic Equity Fund's offering of Investors A, B and C shares; Investment Management Co.'s launch of an equity fund; Newport Fund Management's introduction of the Newport Europe Fund.
- Globalization of the Mutual Fund Industry. // American Banker;5/12/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 90, p9
Reports on the globalization of the mutual fund industry and the forces driving American fund companies. Impact of the globalization that permeates the world of commerce and finance on the mutual fund industry; Growth of traditional independent American mutual fund complexes across the...
- The Tortoise Portfolio. Larson, Paul // Morningstar StockInvestor;1/15/2007, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p2
The article discusses the performance of Tortoise Portfolio, a U.S. index fund designed to outperform S&P 500 Index and generate positive return regardless of the prevailing interest rate on the stock market. The index fund has realized a total rate of return of 88.1% since 2001, while S&P has...