- Guidance on dependents' leave. // Accountancy;Mar2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1315, p132
Highlights the interpretation of the law giving employees the statutory right to time to give assistance to dependents in Great Britain. Definition of the Employment Rights Act 1996 by the Employment Appeal Tribunal; Provisions of the law; Overview of a case filed with the tribunal.
- Condemned! // Works Management;Mar2001, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the verdict of the Great Britain Employment Appeal Tribunal on transfer-related dismissal. Maintenance contract awarded to Onyx UK Ltd. by Teignbridge District Council; Protection of the contract under the Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employment Regulations 1981; Decision...
- What would you have done? // Works Management;Mar2001, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p64
Comments on the verdict of the Great Britain Employment Appeal Tribunal on the appeal of Onyx employees for transfer-related dismissal. Identification of the transfer of undertakings; Nature of the economic entity throughout the transfer; Issues on the importance of transferred assets.
- What would you have done? Hogarth, Judith // Works Management;Jan2003, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p48
Focuses on the employment law in Great Britain. Judgment of the Employment Appeal Tribunal to a claim for redundancy payment; Consideration the of the risk factors on fixed-term contracts; Assessment of the unfair dismissal legislation.
- When the bond of trust breaks down for good. Aikin, Olga // People Management;10/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p63
Discusses the interpretation of Great Britain Employment Appeals Tribunal to the contractual requirement for employers and employees relationship. Recollection of several employment cases and consequent actions from the Tribunal. INSET: Trust and confidence-the last straw..
- Unfair dismissal – award for loss of statutory rights. // Accountancy;Oct86, Vol. 98 Issue 1118, p53
Reports on the British Employment Appeals Tribunal's ruling in the case, Head v Muffet Ltd., which called for an increase in the amount to be awarded for the loss of statutory rights of an employee who has been unfairly dismissed and later goes on to work for another employer.
- Border controls. Javaid, Makbool // People Management;5/14/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the decision made by the Employment Appeals Tribunal in Bossa versus Nordstress Limited case to widen the scope of the Race Relations Act to include employment throughout the European Union. Provisions of the act; Arguments of Bossa on the exclusion of employment outside the United...
- Appeal note: Career breaks and redundancy. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Mar2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1315, p132
Highlights the interpretation of the law governing employee redundancy payments in Great Britain. Emphasis on career break schemes; Provisions of the Employment Rights Act 1996; Overview of a case before the tribunal.
- Unauthorised pay deductions: short-time working. // Accountancy;Mar2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1315, p132
Highlights the interpretation of the law on the liability of employers for unauthorized deductions to employee pay for short-time work in Great Britain. Provisions of the Employment Rights Act 1996; Interpretation of the law by the Employment Appeal Tribunal; Need for am authorization from the...