TEAMING with ideas
- The green light for savings. Sibley, Michael // Professional Engineering;04/30/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p35
Discusses Great Britain-based Thorn Lighting's decision to use precoated strip steel for its lighting fittings. Background on Great Britain's environmental protection policies which affected companies' business operations and costs; British Steel as the manufacturer of precoated strip steel.
- Outdoor lantern. // Electrical Solutions (18340644);2010, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p27
The article offers brief information on the Plurio lantern from Thorn Lighting Pty. Ltd.
- Best factory is light years ahead. // Works Management;Oct2009, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p8
The article announces that Thorn Lighting Ltd. has received the 2009 Factory of the Year during the Best Factory Awards in Great Britain.
- Firm 'expects' bright future. // Cabinet Maker;1/22/2016, Issue 5965, p12
The article reports on lighting maker Thorn Lighting Ltd.'s creation of 30 jobs to cope with its growth in 2016.
- A MODERN ALTERNATIVE. // Interior Fitout;May/Jun2010, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p41
The article evaluates the Cruz LED retail lighting products from Thorn Lighting Ltd.
- Fluorescent pendant light. // Electrical Solutions (18340644);2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p14
The article evaluates the T16 pendant fluorescent luminiares from Thorn Lighting Pty. Ltd.
- Thorn Lighting. // Management Today;Nov93, p109
Profiles Thorn Lighting, an electronics factory jointly owned by GEC and Siemens, which was awarded by the `Management Today' as the best household products factory in 1993 in Great Britain and best factory in the North East region. Manufacturing technology; Creation of a manufacturing policy...
- Building a successful team. Cleese, John // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p10
Identifies nine different roles in a work group. Coordinator; Resource investigator; Monitor evaluator; Implementer; Completer-finisher; Specialist.
- Team work. // Career World;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the views of employers that it is poor team player skills that is most likely to hurt a person's chances of getting ahead in the workplace. Predominance of greater emphasis on teamwork and a sense of community; Better chances of promotion for people who can work well in a group and...