A private function
- Next-generation knowledge. // IT Training;Feb2002, p31
Reports the knowledge of employees on intranet functions in business firms in Great Britain. Percentage of firms possessing intranet; Survey of Hrzone.co.uk and Sift on the involvement of employees in the system; Approach of companies in using intranet system; Use of extranet system in business...
- INTRANET TIPS. Sweeney, Theresa // Credit Union Management;Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p6
Offers tips on building an Intranet for employees. Importance of personalizing the intranet for each employee; Value of speed in Intranet pages.
- Intranets need team players. Lodewyke, Steve // New Media Age;7/4/2002, p27
Focuses on managing intranets. Benefits of intranets; Factors that could make the corporate intranet flourish; Importance for employees to trust the content on their intranet.
- Intranets: Are we there yet? Abernathy, Donna J. // Training & Development;Nov98, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p78
Talks about the use of intranets to manage and deliver training. Development of intranet training by the Auto Club of Southern California; Use of an intranet by the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences in Des Moines, Iowa; Benefits of intranets; Varying returns from intranet...
- From the editor. Schultz, Beth // Network World;10/26/98, Vol. 15 Issue 43, Intranet p4
Comments on the impact to the business sector of opening legacy data to employees, business partners and customers with access to corporate Intranets. Empowerment of employees, business partners and customers; Benefits from connecting browser-wielding users into companies' legacy systems.
- Putting a value on legacy corporate data. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;10/26/98, Vol. 15 Issue 43, Intranet p15
Comments on the capability of the Intranet to provide an infrastructure for the presentation and refining of corporate legacy data. Benefits from the empowerment of employees by tapping their skills and operational knowledge and relating these to informational sources; Necessity of developing...
- Beware of intranet training shysters. Comaford, Christine // PC Week;9/16/96, Vol. 13 Issue 37, p54
Deals with the phenomenon of so-called intranet training shysters. Several practices for which intranet training vendors such as Microsoft Solution Providers have been reported; The golden rules for ensuring quality technical training; What a good intranet class should do.
- Intranets help hire the best people by cutting delays. Taylor, Dave // InfoWorld;08/18/97, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p58F
Presents a discussion on how to use intranet technology in cutting employee search time. Use of a combination of a scanner and optical character recognition software to capture applicant resumes; Web-based applications; Use of the web in identifying and hiring qualified people.
- New users need training in Web communications. Sullivan, Eamon // PC Week;2/3/97, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p28
Discusses skillful use of corporate intranets by employees. What separates those employees that know how and don't know how to use an intranet; Intranet skills can be taught; How to ensure effective use of corporate intranets.