HR hopes deflated as report takes soft line
- Corporate governance: The Hampel Committee. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Dec96, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p14
Reports that the issue of corporate governance in Great Britain is under review by the Commission on Corporate Governance, headed by ICI Chairman Ronald Hampel. Role of shareholders and auditors in corporate governance issues; Key points of the Greenbury and Cadbury codes.
- Hampel falls short. Cowan, Neil // Internal Auditor;Dec97, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p96
Opinion. Comments on the United Kingdom Committee on Corporate Governance redress of the balance between prosperity and accountability. Statement of chairman Ronald Hampel on the principles of governance practices; Issues on corporate governance practices; Concept of internal control system.
- FEE wins single currency contract. // Accountancy;Dec1996, Vol. 118 Issue 1240, p12
Focuses on Sir Ronnie Hampel's presentation at a conference of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Skepticism about so-called corporate governance industry; Possible impact of corporate governance on entrepreneurship and acumen of British business men and women;...
- Hampel. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p3555
Information on Ronald Claus Hampel, British business executive and former chairman of ICI Corp. and chairman of the Committee on Corporate Governance, is presented.
- Hampel hedges his bets. // Accountancy;Mar1996, Vol. 117 Issue 1231, p15
The article reports on the failure of the Auditing Practices Board in handing internal controls over to the Cadbury Committee's successor, Imperial Chemical Industries PLC (ICI) in Great Britain. According to ICI chairman Sir Ronald Hampel, they would only help in the process of running...
- Pay rise for ICI's Hampel. // Chemical Week;3/27/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the increase in ICI chairman Ronald Hampel's salary. Total pay increases in 1995; Performance bonus in 1993.
- Hampel on ICI's future. Freedman, William // Chemical Week;4/3/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 13, p20
Presents the views of ICI chairman Ronald Hampel on business prospects for the chemical company. Comments before the Societe de Chimie Industrielle meeting; Hampel's claim that ICI may not invest in ethylene; Reevaluation of investment in India in light of political changes.
- Sparks fly both ways as mentors plug into start-ups. Cope, Nigel // Management Today;Jun99, p86
Showcases the mutually beneficial relationship between British entrepreneurs Ronnie Hampel, former chairman of industrial conglomerate ICI, and Tim Mason, 33-year-old founder and managing director of Maintel, a telephone maintenance company. Young businessman's learning from the experience of...
- ICI appoints outsider as chief executive. Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;6/29/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 25, p15
Reports on London, England-based ICI Corp.'s appointment of Charles Miller Smith as chief executive and Ronnie Hampel as chairman. Chairman Denys Henderson's retirement in April 1994; Severance of final link between ICI and Zeneca; Career background of Smith and Hampel.