Exam success masks shortage of key skills
- UK meets the challenge of a highly qualified workforce. // Adults Learning;Jun96, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p246
Reports on a study by the National Advisory Council for Education and Training Targets which collaborates Great Britain's target for higher-level skills. Availability of the report `The Target for Higher Level Skills in an International Context,' by N. Jagger, S. Morris and R. Pearson on the...
- Target practice needed. // People Management;1/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p11
Reports that the British National Advisory Council for Education and Training Targets (NACETT) has urged business enterprises to assist in the attainment of national education and training targets. Urging for cooperation with local councils; Lifetime target three.
- Target changes imminent. // People Management;3/19/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p17
Reports that the Great Britain National Advisory Council for Education and Training Targets is considering feedbacks from companies and employer bodies over changes in training to target.
- Training policy. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p7
Provides information on the training policies of corporations in United Kingdom. Role of a training skills program by the government; Joint council launching of vocational bodies on aspects of work on General National Vocational Qualificatins (GNVQ) courses; Financial status of South Thames...
- Job-training riddle. // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/95, Vol. 87 Issue 39, p18
Editorial. Discusses about the effectiveness of the federal job training programs. Suggestions on the steps to be taken to make it more effective.
- `Germany prepares kids for good jobs; we were preparing ours for Wendy's. Kiester Jr., Edwin; Ferorelli, Enrico // Smithsonian;Mar93, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p44
Discusses how, in the United States, the lack of skilled workers and the fear of competition has motivated Pennsylvania to launch a promising new apprenticeship program. How and why apprenticeship works; More.
- Green Paper urges job training. // Youth Studies Australia;Autumn1994, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the Australian Federal Government's proposal for job training. Proposal to require all school-leavers to complete at least five years of job training; Lack of commitment by employers to on-the-job training; Lack of facilities for people to upgrade their job skills.
- What the `V' word is costing America. Aring, Monika Kosmahl // Phi Delta Kappan;Jan93, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p396
Outlines a new vocational education system that is designed to provide all US students a choice of the education and training system best suited for their needs and the nation's needs. Negative connotations of vocational training; School-to-work projects that have begun in the US; Historical...
- Job training that works. Moyes, Howard A. // State Government News;Jun/Jul96, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the steps taken by states in the United States to improve job training efforts. Job Training Partnership Act; Job Opportunities and Basic Skills Training (JOBS); Food stamps Employment and Training Programs; CAREERS Act; Need to instill work ethics and proper motivation to program...