EC pressure prompts rethink of Tupe rules
- Disputes bill promised. // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p10
Reports that Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry has confirmed that it will press ahead with a bill to resolve employment rights disputes.
- The dating game. Dawson, Gerald; Leek, Roger; Glickman, Catherine; Sinclair, Diane // Employers Law;Jun2003, p6
Presents views of human resources practitioners on the plan of Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry to introduce employment law changes twice a year. Advantages of the plan; Problems with setting dates for legislation; Position of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development...
- DTI launches Employment Relations Act consultation. // Personnel Today;7/16/2002, p3
Reports the launching of the consultation documents on the Employment Relations Act by the Department of Trade in Industry in Great Britain.
- DTI proposes to end 'red tape.' Roberts, Zoe // People Management;10/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p9
Provides information on a proposal of the British Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) regarding the dates of the introduction of employment legislation in Great Britain. Views of human resource professionals on the proposal of the DTI; Benefit of the proposal of the DTI; Concerns of Diane...
- Bill to stem tide of tribunals. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;11/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p10
Reports on a proposed bill governing employees in Great Britain. Provisions of the bill; Purpose of changes on dispute resolution according to Patricia Hewitt, Department of Trade and Industry secretary.
- Employers relieved at fixed-term rules delay. // Personnel Today;5/28/2002, p1
Reports the delay of implementing the Fixed Term Employee Regulations in Great Britain. Explanation of the government on the cause of the delay; Opportunity for the employers to have extra time to prepare for the legislation; Decision of the Department of Trade and Industry to put back the...
- Vauxhall blunder prompts review of consultation law. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;1/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the plan of Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry to review laws on collective redundancies and consultation with employees in 2001. Reason for the move; Overview of the law on employee redundancies and consultation; Views of Stephen Byers, secretary of state for trade and...
- in brief. // Employers Law;Feb2003, p4
Presents updates on employment law in Great Britain as of February 2003. Views of the British Department of Trade and Industry on a bill to reduce excessive pay-offs for directors of under-performing companies; Regulation of the working hours of young workers; Increase in the employment...
- LOOKING AFTER YOUR CARERS. Taylor, Vicki // Employee Benefits;Feb2007, p32
The article looks into the provision of the Work and Families Act 2006, which is an extension of the Employment Act 2002 legislation in Great Britain. The act provides that employers are forced to give consideration to employees who have caring responsibilities to their partners, married or...