Equality proves hard target for the army
- Legislation won't end discrimination at work. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;5/16/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p31
Focuses on the anti-racial discrimination and inequality campaign of the Commission for Racial Equality in Great Britain. Authority of the agency to enforce anti-discrimination regulation; Variation of the labor standards; Increase of racial tensions and discord.
- CRE wants London funders to fight racism. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;09/22/2000, p12
Focuses on the proposal by the Great Britain Commission for Racial Equality for members of the London Funders Group (LFG) to guarantee that the projects they finance develop strategies that combat racism. Entities that comprise the membership of the LFG; Benefits of promoting anti-racism...
- How do I make a complaint? // Cabinet Maker;12/2/2005, Issue 5467, p14
The article presents guidelines on how an employee can make a race discrimination complaint in Great Britain. The Commission for Racial Equality provides information and advice to people suffering from race discrimination or harassment at work. An employee may file a discrimination complain to...
- Equal rights, equal wrongs. Wilson, Richard // Director;Jan1999, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p30
Comments on the proposals for the reform of the Race Relations Act of 1976 published by the Great Britain Commission for Racial Equality (CRE). Impact of the proposals on businesses; Information on the CRE proposals; Criticism on the proposals.
- The CRE is a ghetto; it is time to bid it farewell. Howe, Darcus // New Statesman;09/25/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4505, p48
Argues for the abolition of the Commission for Racial Equality (CRE) in Great Britain. Arguments in defense of the existence of the CRE; Why the CRE must be subordinated under a human rights commission.
- Agencies should reflect ethnic diversity. // Campaign;12/8/2000, Issue 49, p26
Focuses on the campaign of Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper for the Commission for Racial Equality on racial prejudices in Great Britain.
- British schools are 'racial time bomb.'. // Education (14637073);4/27/2007, Issue 266, p1
The article discusses the increase of racial conflict in British schools. According to Nick Johnson, director of policy and public sector at the Commission for Racial Equality (CRE) of Great Britain, the schools were becoming segregated in terms of race and religion. Race Equality Sandwell (RES)...
- Equality measures still fail the Macpherson test. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;02/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p11
Reports that tougher action on institutional racism is being sought despite the extension of the 1976 Race Relations Act of Great Britain. Pressure faced by Home Secretary Jack Straw from the Commission for Racial Equality; Impact of the bill's extension on indirect discrimination by public...
- Dossier on racism sent to watchdog as Unison damns Hackney in report. Gillen, Sally // Community Care;1/9/2003, Issue 1454, p12
Reports on the effort of the organization Unison to urge the Commission for Racial Equality to use its legal powers against Hackney Council after a report on instances of institutional racism. Details on the failure of the council to take adequate action after proven acts of racial...