Menstrual Cycle Alterations With Aging
- Unpredictable Periods. Brody, Liz; Green, Westry // Glamour;Aug99, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p52
Presents information on menstrual periods. Normal range of a menstrual cycle; Reason for early or late periods; Health hazards of heavy, irregular bleeding.
- How your period changes your body. Young, Stephanie // Glamour;Jun95, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p33
Focuses on changes in a women's body during menstrual cycle. Increase in heart rate and blood pressure; Increase in breast tenderness; Possible disruption in sleep patterns; Increase in urinary output; Change in cervical mucus.
- A Note In the Mail. Walters, Elizabeth // New Moon Girls;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p8
The article offers information on the factors that a girl should consider during her first menstrual period.
- Help for Heavy Periods. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jun2003, Issue 248, p78
Presents naturopathic advices for a healthy menstrual cycle. Causes of heavy periods; Benefits from organic foods; Effectiveness of supplements and herbs.
- So that's why you can't fit it into your jeans... Pearson, Helen // New Scientist;04/08/2000, Vol. 166 Issue 2233, p6
Reports on the findings of researchers from France concerning natural fat fluctuations in women during menstrual cycle. Role of estrogen in the regulation of the spread of body fat; Importance of the said findings in the scientific testing of beauty and slimming products.
- Take a Break From Your Period. Perron, Celeste // Cosmopolitan;Jul2003, Vol. 235 Issue 1, p148
Presents information on safety aspect of using pills to postpone menstrual cycle of women.
- Odor as an element of subjective assessment of attractiveness of young males and females. Moshkin, M. P.; Litvinova, N. A.; Bedareva, A. V.; Bedarev, M. S.; Litvinova, E. A.; Gerlinskaya, L. A. // Journal of Evolutionary Biochemistry & Physiology;Feb/Mar2011, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p69
In 46 male and 19 female students who were both donors and recipients of odor samples, we studied effects of the menstrual cycle phase, reproductive health, sexual motivation, and sexual experience on subjective assessment of intensity and attractiveness of the sweat odor. The sweat samples were...
- Menstrual cycle characteristics in European and Inuit women exposed to persistent organochlorine pollutants. G. Toft; A. Axmon; C.H. Lindh; A. Giwercman; J.P. Bonde // Human Reproduction;Jan2008, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p193
BACKGROUND Previous inconsistent results suggest that menstrual cycles may be disturbed by exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and 1,1-dichloro-2,2-bis (p-chlorophenyl)-ethylene (DDE). METHODS Information on menstrual cycle characteristics were obtained by questionnaires, and PCB and...
- Catamenial Epilepsy: The Elusive Condition. French, Jacqueline A. // Epilepsy Currents;May/Jun2005, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p113
Comments on a study by A. G. Herzog et al, regarding the frequency of catamenial seizure exacerbation in women with localization-related epilepsy. Overview of the study; Theory on why seizures may be exacerbated during the mentrual cycle; Information on the treatments for catamenial exacerbation.