Ethnic and Racial Differences in Weight-Loss Behaviors Among Female Adolescents: Results From a National Survey
- The Weight Is Over. Weir, Kirsten // Current Health 2;Nov2006, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p12
The article offers weight loss tips for teenagers.
- SMALL CHANGES, BIG RESULTS. // Current Health 1;Nov2006, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p11
This article offers weight-loss tips for teenagers.
- 3 ways not to diet. Jibrin, R.D., Janis // Scholastic Choices;Jan2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p22
You may feel desperate to lose weight, but don't fall for these dangerous fads
- Health. Headley, Sue // Youth Studies Australia;Jun2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p61
Presents an abstract of the article ``I Would Rather Be Size 10 Than Have Straight A's': Focus Group Study of Adolescent Girls' Wish to Be Thinner,' by M. Tiggerman, M. Gardiner and A. Slater, which appeared in the 2000 issue of `Journal of Adolescence.'
- In This Issue. // Obesity (19307381);Dec2011, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p2291
This section offers overviews of articles published in this issue including one on the multivariate analysis of causes of individual obesity, bone loss not reversed, the use of text messages to encourage adolescent weight loss and the role of weight misperception may contribute to obesity...
- Covariations of Adolescent Weight-control, Health-risk and Health-promoting Behaviors. Rafiriou, Anca Codruta; Sargent, Roger G.; Parra-Medina, Deborah; Drane, Wanzer J.; Valois, Robert F. // American Journal of Health Behavior;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p3
Objectives. To assess the prevalence of dieting and investigate clusters of risk behaviors among adolescents. Methods. Data were secured from a random sample of adolescents (4636) and analyzed using bivariate methods and logistic regression. Results: From the survey sample, 19.2% adolescents...
- Teens Use Unhealthy Methods for a Fit Body. Shaver, Jennipher // Fitness Business Pro;Sep2005, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p10
Presents the result of the survey on the unhealthy methods used by teenagers to get a better body in the U.S. Use of protein powders, steroids, growth hormone and amino acids; Increase likelihood of using unhealthy process of losing weight; Preference for defined muscles.
- Smoking and Weight Loss Attempts in Overweight and Normal-Weight Adolescents // American Journal of Health Promotion;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p214
Presents an abstract of the study 'Smoking and Weight Loss Attempts in Overweight and Normal-Weight Adolescents,' by R.S. Strauss and H.M. Mir, published in a 2001 issue of the 'International Journal of Obesity.' Relationship between smoking and dieting in young adolescents; Finding that...
- adolescent weight loss success stories. Lofshult, Diane // IDEA Fitness Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p57
The article discusses the results of a cross-sectional study published in the December 2009 issue of the "Journal of the American Dietetic Association," which found that adolescents who lose weight appear to share certain characteristics like drinking less soda beverages and increasing physical...