Factors Associated With Distortion in Body Image Perception in College Women
- Body Image Concerns in College-Aged Male Physical Education Students: A Descriptive Inquiry. Olson, Michele S.; Esco, Michael R.; Williford, Hank // Physical Educator;Late Winter2009, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p45
The purpose of this study was to examine body image concerns in college-aged male physical education majors. Sixty volunteers completed validated body image instruments including two-dimensional figure drawings. In general, the sample reported that they preferred a larger, more muscular physique...
- Lebanese and American educational differences: A comparison. Kibbi, Ibrahim // Education;Spring95, Vol. 115 Issue 3, p441
Presents a comparative study of differences between American and Lebanese higher education approaches according to the perspectives of Lebanese undergraduate/graduate college students who studied in Boston, Massachusetts. Anxieties in pursuing higher studies; Differences in respecting parental...
- Gender Role Development and Body Image among Male and Female First Year College Students. Gillen, Meghan; Lefkowitz, Eva // Sex Roles;Jul2006, Vol. 55 Issue 1/2, p25
In the current study we examined associations between gender role development and body image. Male and female first-semester college students ( N = 434) who identified as African American, Latino/a American, and European American completed surveys about gendered personality traits...
- Body Myths. Mehta, Julie // Current Health 1;Mar2005, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p24
Provides information on the importance of body image to adolescents. INSETS: Body-Image Boosters;Try This on for Size.
- Love your BODY (even naked!). Stedman, Nancy // Redbook;May2001, Vol. 196 Issue 5, p46
Provides information on the importance of feeling good about one's body and on how to develop a positive attitude toward body image.
- Body shop. Dionne, Lisa // Shape;Mar99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p110
Focuses on `Shape's Body Positive program which features four sessions a year at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, Arizona and Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires in Lenox, Massachusetts. Purpose; Interactive discussions on body image-related themes; Learning of relaxation techniques; Participants' narration...
- Body image across cultures. Bailey, Janet // Glamour;Mar95, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p52
Cites a study which compared the body image of men and women from the United States and Italy.
- Body-image curriculum has significant effect on behavior. // Outcomes & Accountability Alert;Jun99, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p4
Presents information on a study on the behavioral effect of a body image course designed for college students. How the study was conducted; Limitations of the study; Conclusions.
- Undergraduates' conceptions of cognitive functions of mental imagery. Antonietti, Alessandro; Baldo, Sabrina // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Feb94, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p160
Examines undergraduates' conceptions about the role of mental imaging in memorizing, problem-solving, musing and everyday-life activities. Analysis; Findings.