BUILDING SECURITY ONE RELATIONSHIP AT A TIME
- Software certifications boost productivity. Tyler, Kathryn // HR Magazine;May97, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p63
Discusses the importance of software or vendor certifications in boosting business productivity. Examples of training and certification programs; Benefits of certification programs for employers; Benefits of employees from certification programs; Procedure in selecting a program; Function of...
- PCSC. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2006, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p67
The article features the LiNC-Ezâ„¢ developed by PCSC. LiNC-Ez has the capability to manage access control, alarm monitoring and building needs. The system is easy to install with a self-guided wizard that helps in loading and configuring the system. When installed, LiNC-Ez automatically...
- Microsoft Appoints VantagePoint as Industry Vendor. // Official Board Markets;7/21/2007, Vol. 83 Issue 29, p8
The article reports that Vantage Point Systems has become an Independent Software Vendor in North America. The company integrates and delivers Microsoft Dynamics GP business management solutions to the paperboard packaging industry. VantagePoint will also offer Microsoft Dynamics Customer...
- Playing to Win. Das, Gurcharan // Siliconindia;Nov2002, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p12
Explores the emergence of a sophisticated software industry in India. Resilience of brand name companies; Improvement of customer services; Application of key account management; Demonstration of domain expertise; Formation of alliances.
- Develop service as part of your software. Mraz, Stephen J.; Hoare, Rohan // Machine Design;05/06/99, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p186
Advises computer sotware companies on how to minimize the duration and amplitude of the surge in demand for customer service after a product's release. Development of a service support of the product; Colocation of some key developers with customer service and technical support.
- Who's at your service? Kerr, Deborah // Software Magazine;Aug96, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p107
Focuses on the customer services of computer software vendors. Difficulties faced by information system managers in making a vendor service call; Use of third-party service providers; Proliferation of service features on the World Wide Web. INSETS: Heterogeneity: A mixed blessing.;Internet: A...
- The hidden cost of tech support. Wood, Christina // PC World;May95, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p142
Focuses on technical support for computer software users. Furor over software support charges; Customer services provided by companies; Fee-based plans; Confusion in buying technical support; Effect of the transition in the software industry; Technical support for home users. INSET: PC makers'...
- Weaving through the maze of support options. C.W. // PC World;May95, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p145
Focuses on technical support needed by computer software users. Technical support for users in the corporate environment; Small office/home office technical support as an investment; Consideration of support cost for individuals.
- Third-party support: Ist it worth the money? Tynan, Daniel // PC World;May95, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p148
Presents a study of independent technical support providers for computer software users. Growth in the number of independents; Support services testing; Response of support personnel to calls; Differences in quality; Limits to companies' support; Advice for software users.