It's Value Engineering
- securex 2003 show guide. // International Fire & Security Product News;Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p15
Presents information on Securex 2003, a trade show of the security systems sector in Great Britain. Exhibitors; Products that will be exhibited; Highlights of the event.
- Audio Verifies Alarm Activations During Storm. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p15
Discusses the prevalence of alarm systems' audio capabilities in determining the validity of the alarms of customers during heavy storms according to Sonitrol dealers, Sonitrol of Miami and Sonitrol of Orlando Inc. Instances that test the effectiveness of the audio capabilities of the alarm systems.
- What's Wrong with This? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p41
The article focuses on the faulty installation of a wireless security system for a residential account consisting of 14 door/window transmitters, four motion transmitters, five smoke detector transmitters and five carbon monoxide detectors. The installation is shown in a diagram. The problem...
- County Security Systems Are Linked Through Operations Center Remodeling. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2006, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p115
The article highlights the development of a complete security system overhaul for Hennepin County, Minnesota by VTI Security Integrators (VTI). Founded in 1980, VTI had built a 20-year relationship working with Hennepin County. The partnership began with basic and standalone systems located at...
- INTEGRATION: THE END-USERS' PERSPECTIVE. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p66
The article focuses on the integration of the security systems of end users by limiting the products they use to one set system that they replicate whenever possible. Security systems should be standardized. Manufacturers should develop open architecture and plug-and-lay systems that would give...
- Locking the Keys Up. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2005, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p42
Features the Keybank, KeyWatcher and BodyTag BT-002 security systems used by security executives at condominiums, retirement complexes, apartment buildings, and residential hotels in the U.S. History of manufacturing mechanical locks; Discussion of their features; Advantages of using them.
- More than a Buzz Word: Convergence. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2004, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on issues concerning convergence of physical and cyber security systems in the United States. Crisis communication toolkit that offers best practices for communicating with employees, customers and neighbors during a crisis; Benefits of open security exchange.
- Lockedâ€¦But Is It Secure? Ahrens, Sean A. // Government Security;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses potential threats to building security caused by the practice of "lock bumping." Lock bumping allows anyone to access keyed locks with a minimum of skill and costs. A discussion of how lock bumping is done, as well as suggestions for maintaining a building's security system...
- The Right Lock. English, Cindy // Government Security;May2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p18
Discusses the key factors to consider when picking the right lock for a particular application. Need for an organization to match the demands of the application with the many choices of locks; Use of the Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association grades; Special features for special situations.