Validity of a Parent Report Measure of Vocabulary and Syntax for Preschool Children With Language Impairment
- SYNTACTIC DEFICIT IN CHILDREN WITH SPECIFIC LANGUAGE IMPAIRMENT IN SLOVENE LANGUAGE. Grobler, Marinka // Journal of Special Education & Rehabilitation;2006, Issue 1/2, p23
The objective of this study is the research of specific language impairments as manifested in Slovene language. The research focuses on language processing in order to determine syntactic, deficit. It has been predicted, that SLI children will meet with difficulties in the language of all...
- Intervention for Verb Argument Structure in Children With Persistent SLI: A Randomized Control Trial. Ebbels, Susan H.; Van Der Lely, Heather K. J.; Dockrell, Julie E. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Oct2007, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p1330
Purpose: The authors aimed to establish whether 2 theoretically motivated interventions could improve use of verb argument structure in pupils with persistent specific language impairment (SLI). Method: Twenty-seven pupils with SLI (ages 11;0-16;1) participated in this randomized controlled...
- Manual for Enhancement of Syntax in Tamil for Children with Language Impairments. K., Vedhasorubini; Chengappa, K. C. Shyamala // Language in India;Sep2012, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p641
The aim of this study was to develop a manual for enhancing the ability of linguistically delayed or deviant children to comprehend and express the sentence structures appropriate to the age. The method of this study included three phases. The first phase included development of a manual...
- The crucial role of thiamine in the development of syntax and lexical retrieval: a study of infantile thiamine deficiency. Fattal, Iris; Friedmann, Naama; Fattal-Valevski, Aviva // Brain: A Journal of Neurology;Jun2011, Vol. 134 Issue 6, p1720
This study explored the effect of thiamine deficiency during early infancy on the development of syntax and lexical retrieval. We tested syntactic comprehension and production, lexical retrieval abilities and conceptual abilities of 59 children aged 5â€“7 years who had been fed during their...
- Influence of auditory stimulation on the development of syntactical and temporal features in European starling song Todt, Dietmar; Bohner, Jorg // Auk (American Ornithologists Union);Apr96, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p450
No abstract available.
- Tutorial: An introduction to syntax. Shapiro, Lewis P. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Apr1997, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p254
Presents an introductory paper to syntax. Linguistics; Lexical and functional categories; Phrase structures; Structural relations; Thematic and semantic roles; Empty category principle; Summary of work in normal and disordered language; Garden path theory of sentence processing.
- Please don't drop an item so quickly: A comment on Cheng and Hamid's syntax incompatibility error. Shek, Daniel T.L. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Dec95 Part 1, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p977
Comments on S.T. Cheng and P.N. Hamid's syntax incompatibility error. Alternative explanations to explain the 1995 findings of Cheng and Hamid; Data which do not support the syntax incompatibility error.
- Twisted syntax. Hart, Jack // Editor & Publisher;8/14/93, Vol. 126 Issue 33, p5
Discusses journalists' practice of twisting the syntax of sentences in writing. Examples; Violation of basic rules of English sentence syntax; Practice of cramming excessive information; Simplicity as surest way to clarity.
- A Logico-mathematic, Structural Methodology: Part I, The Analysis and Validation of Sub-literal (Sub Lit) Language and Cognition. Haskell, Robert E. // Journal of Mind & Behavior;Summer/Autumn2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3/4, p347
In this first of three papers, a novel cognitive and psycho-linguistic non metric or non quantitative methodology developed for the analysis and validation of unconscious cognition and meaning in ostensibly literal verbal narratives is presented. Unconscious referents are reconceptualized as...