Arithmetic Calculation, Short-Term Memory, and Language Performance in Children With Specific Language Impairment: A 5-Year Follow-Up
- Mental, language disorders may be related. // Psychotherapy Letter;Jun95, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p5
Presents an excerpt from a study by Cohen et al on the relationship of mental and language disorders presented at the 1995 American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry conference. Link between psychiatric and language disorders in children; Hereditary aspects of language impairment.
- Working Memory and Specific Language Impairment: An Update on the Relation and Perspectives on Assessment and Treatment. Montgomery, James W.; Magimairaj, Beula M.; Finney, Mianisha C. // American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology;Feb2010, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p78
Purpose: Children with specific language impairment (SLI) demonstrate significant language impairments despite normal-range hearing and nonverbal IQ. Many of these children also show marked deficits in working memory (WM) abilities. However, the theoretical and clinical characterization of the...
- Conflict Resolution Abilities of Children With Specific Language Impairment and Children With Normal Language. Stevens, Lizbeth J.; Bliss, Lynn S. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Jun95, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p599
Explores the conflict resolution ability of 30 children with specific language impairment (SLI) and 30 children with normal language (NL) in grades three through seven. Children's participation in a hypothetical problem-solving activity in which an imaginary conflict was presented and a...
- Links between language and emotional/behavioral disorders. Donahue, Mavis; Cole, Doris // Education & Treatment of Children (ETC);Aug94, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p244
Discusses previous researches on the relationship of language disorders and behavioral and emotional disorders in children. Focus on thee populations of children with language and behavioral problems; Discussion of the implications of intervention.
- The Relationship Between Event Representation and Linguistic Skill in Narratives of Children and Adolescents With Down Syndrome. Boudreau, Donna M.; Chapman, Robin S. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Oct2000, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p1146
Presents a study which examines the relationship between event representation and linguistic skill narratives of children and adolescents with Down's syndrome. Details on the narrative abilities of children with mental retardation and language impairment; Methodology of the study; Discussion on...
- Evaluation of emotional and behavioral problems in language impaired children using the Child Behavior Checklist. Noterdaeme, M.; Amorosa, H. // European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry;1999, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p71
Abstract Speech and language impaired children are at special risk for developing psychiatric disorders. Attention deficit, aggressive behaviour as well as over anxiety and excessive shyness have been reported in speech and language impaired children. The purpose of this study was to determine...
- An Investigation of the Characteristics of K--12 Students with Comorbid Emotional Disturbance and Significant Language Deficits Served in Public School Settings. Nelson, J. Ron; Benner, Gregory J.; Rogers-Adkinson, Diana L. // Behavioral Disorders;Nov2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p25
A plethora of research has indicated that emotional disturbance (ED) and language deficits frequently co-occur. Scant research, however, has examined the characteristics of public school students with comorbid ED and language deficits. Furthermore, researchers have not studied children with IQ...
- Correlates of directiveness in the interactions of fathers and mothers of children with... Giralonetto, Luigi; Tannock, Rosemary // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Oct94, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p1178
Focuses on the correlates of directiveness in the interactions of fathers and mothers of children with developmental delays and language impairment. Studies comparing father-child and mother-child interactions; Characteristics of the parents and family; Parental directiveness.
- Diagnostik von SprachentwicklungsstÃ¶rungen in einer klinischen Ambulanz: Anspruch und Wirklichkeit. Kiese-Himmel, Christiane; Reeh, Marcus // Journal fur Psychologie;Sep2009, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
In a 3-year period, 29 children with language impairments - referred to the former Department of Phoniatrics and Pediatric Audiology (University Hospital Goettingen; in the meantime closed) by practicing paediatricians, otorhinolaryngologists or general practitioners - were presented for...