MANCHESTER AND SALFORD SUB-DISTRICT. ANNUAL REPORT. January 1936
- Precarious work & co-ops. // Anarcho-Syndicalist Review;Winter2011, Issue 55, p5
The article offers news briefs related to issues involving workers in the U.S. The International Workers' Association (IWA) held a conference on precarious work, cooperatives, and self-management at La Vecilla in LeÃ³n, Spain from August 13-15, 2010. The ban that restricts Free Workers Union...
- WE ARE ONE. // American Teacher;May/Jun2011, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p10
The article presents several photographs taken during the We Are One labor protest activities held in April 2011 in various U.S. cities which includes New York City, Washington, D.C., and Chicago, Illinois.
- Occupy Melb. welcomes Baiada workers' win. // Green Left Weekly;11/30/2011, Issue 905, p2
The article reports on the rally held by the Occupy Melbourne's Community and Union Outreach group in support of the exploited workers of Baiada Poultry in Australia.
- Rat spotted at Dow Jones. Moscou; Moses, Jim // Editor & Publisher;10/02/99, Vol. 132 Issue 40, p20
Reports on union workers' use of a rat to protest newspaper publisher Dow Jones & Co. Inc.'s planned benefits cutback in South Brunswick, New Jersey.
- GMB takes Cleveland row to TUC. Wood, Tim // Contract Journal;9/15/2004, Vol. 425 Issue 6493, p1
Reports on the protests of the General Municipal Boilermakers (GMB) union against the dismissal of Cleveland Bridge workers from the Wembley Stadium project in London, England. Information on the protest of the union members held at the Trades Union Congress conference in Brighton, England;...
- Ferries protests. // Truck & Driver;Feb2006, p8
The article reports that an Irish Ferries move to replace its seafaring staff with cheaper East European labour has been met with demonstrations at Holyhead to show solidarity with the Irish Ferries workers. The demonstrations, which have the backing of the British Trades Union Congress, are to...
- Poles in anti-govt march, threaten strike. // Regional Today;
The article reports on the anti-government protest organized by Polish trade unions and attended by 100,000 people in Warsaw, Poland on September 14, 2013 to demand more jobs and higher salary.
- Rights march. Chang, Lia // New York Amsterdam News;8/19/95, Vol. 86 Issue 33, p2
Presents a photograph of demonstrators at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City. Picketing by Asian Pacific American union members; Protest against anti-union and anti-immigrant forces.
- Union of Left and Right. // India Today;3/4/2013, p49
This article reports on a march of around 50,000 workers affiliated with Left-wing trade unions in Azad Maidan led by communist-baiter Iddhav Thackeray.