Produce prices drop but still outpace 2004
- CLEAN CUISINE. // Better Nutrition;Sep2011, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p30
The article presents information that consumers can use to purchase organic fruits and vegetables and discusses the peak seasons when the fruits and vegetables are at their best for purchase and consumption. A list from the web site foodnews.org, of the 15 cleanest food crops that are grown...
- DIET WATCH. Butzin, Charlotte // Bon Appetit;Mar2001, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p189
Presents information on the nutritional value of some fruits and vegetables. Strawberries; Peaches; Asparagus; Broccoli.
- Strawberries experience marked rise in production. // Horticulture Week;9/4/2015, p36
The article reports on the increase in the global production of strawberries in 2009-2013.
- Good to Bad. Coppa, Matt; Cohen, Sara; Good, Brian; Medich, Rob; Medina, Justina; Millado, Nate; Shu, Les // Men's Fitness;Jun/Jul2004, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p36
Lists fruits and vegetables that are sources of vitamin C. Peach; Papaya; Strawberries; Red bell pepper; Snow peas.
- Fresh produce. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/29/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4431, p50
The article focuses on issues related to the farm produce sector in Great Britain as of June 2006. The Maris Pier potatoes do not have a long shelf life and need to be consumed quickly. Strawberries also need to be consumed on the day of purchase. Flat and mountain peaches have entered the fresh...
- Fruit and veg sector's output stable in 2013, trade association says. // Hungary A.M.;12/23/2013, p8
The article reports on the data released by growers' association FruitVeB about the fruit and vegetable harvest in 2013.
- Late Summer Fruit. Berfkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p23
The article presents ideas on what to do with the fruits that are available for the late summer of 2009 in the U.S. It discusses how to make melons such as casaba, honeydrew, cantaloupe or watermelon into a refreshing drink. It also details on how to make peaches, apricots and strawberries into...
- TALKING SCHOP! Gettin' that fruity feeling. Harris, Kysha // New York Amsterdam News;7/9/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 28, p22
The article features several fruits for summer in the U.S. These include wild strawberries, Georgia peach and blueberries. It notes that peaches or nectarines with a piece of room temperature bacon is a good appetizer during summer. Moreover, it suggests to go to local markets to look for fruits...
- Summer Foods That Make You Sexier. Molvar, Kari // Cosmopolitan;Aug2009, Vol. 247 Issue 2, p93
The article reports on the beauty benefits of summer fruits. Blueberries contain vitamin E which acts as reinforcement for skin's natural barrier and helps moisturize skin. Strawberries contain vitamin C which aids in the production of collagen which keeps skin firm. Peaches contain vitamin A...