Rehab hospital nixes deep-fry
- CafÃ© rides Healthy Express. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
The article reports the increase in revenue at the University of Alberta Hospital since the conversion of its Cafe Divino into Healthy Trendz Express. Khaleed Khan of Capital Health developed Healthy Trendz Express as a branded concept providing healthful options. But according to Khan, the...
- Grabbing a bigger share. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the increase in the retail food sales of Vassar Brothers Medical Center by expanding its menu options, developing popular grab-and-go assortment and increasing hours of operation as of July 2004. Sales forecast of Steve McKenna, director of hotel services for the center, by the end...
- Pizza dough is on the rise. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the success of the pizza program of the cafeteria at the Elliot Hospital in Manchester, New Hampshire. Impact of the pizza program on the sales performance of the cafeteria during the first quarter of 2005; Features of the cafeteria; Background on the pizza offered by the cafeteria.
- POS, menu boost bistro. // FoodService Director;9/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the impact of the renovation of the cafeteria of the Jackson County Memorial Hospital in Altus, Oklahoma on its sales. Benefits of the installation of the cashless point-of-sale system according to Danielle Jensen, director of food and nutrition; Menu offerings of the cafeteria;...
- Fresh off the Oven. // Prevention India;Oct2009, p19
Several recipes including low fat french fries and barbecued chicken drumsticks are presented.
- Fighting the mighty Caesar. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p100
Looks at how hospital foodservice facilities in the United States serve chicken dishes. Overview of the popularity of fried chicken; Chicken dishes that are popular among patients; How chicken dishes are prepared.
- A menu mainstay. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p132
Focuses on the popularity of chicken recipes at food service operations in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Factors driving demand for chicken recipes; Most popular chicken recipes; Variations in chicken menu offerings; Successful catering operations that serve chicken...
- TO OFFSET CUSTOMER TRAFFIC: Stony Brook mulls kiosks. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the condition of the food service sector at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York as of February 15, 2003. Plans of foodservice officials for the hospital's food servicing unit; Consideration for the use of kiosks as an alternative to cafeteria.
- A `STOP' FOR SRS: California hospital is open to the public. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Features the Le Cafe hospital cafeteria of Simi Valley Hospital in California. Quality of food and description of the atmosphere; Category of the menu; Remarks from patients.