Cohn assumes Aramark B&I
- Today's business services: Up $100 mil. in new revenues. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p85
Focuses on Aramark Business Services which has increased up to nearly $100 million in new revenues for the 1997 fiscal year, including 30 percent from self-op conversions of major accounts like 3M. Information on other accounts; Number of accounts and corporate locations; Reference to...
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- National Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) certification program. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb1997, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p34
Reports that the National Assessment Institute has developed a training system for the food service industry called the National Certified Professional Food Manager Program. Modules.
- Food certification training course set. // Malakoff News (TX);4/12/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p3
A description of the course for professional food manager certification being offered by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Henderson County, Texas is provided.
- A running start for tomorrow's operators. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p22
Features the Aliso Niguel High School Culinary Arts Academy of the Capistrano Unified School District in Orange County, California. Provision of a training program for the workforce for foodservice careers; Offer of training in culinary and hospitality management skills; Tailoring of facilities...
- Tapping a human resource: Restaurants fight labor crunch with training programs. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;7/08/96, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p33
Focuses on the innovative training and retention programs developed by different restaurants in the United States in an effort too fight the labor crunch. Strong competition seen in attracting and maintaining employees; Benefits of a well-crafted training program for employees and customer...
- Look beyond foodservice for learning tools. Liddle, Alan, // Nation's Restaurant News;06/09/97, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p74
Focuses on educational and training resources on food service training. Impact of the rapidly changing technologies on food service training; Tapping into television programs and news presentations to make training more relevant to employees; Description of sources for free or low-cost training...
- You can quote me: favorite lines from my scrapbook. Sullivan, Jim // Nation's Restaurant News;06/04/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p18
Presents a collection of quotes for training food service employees. Value of teamwork; Law of probability dispersal in the restaurant business; Inevitability of turnover.
- Invest in ways to improve productivity, train more effectively. Sullivan // Nation's Restaurant News;09/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p50
Discusses how the restaurant industry can improve productivity by training its workers effectively. Amount invested by restaurants on training in 1997; Role of the `Nation's Restaurant News' column, Training and Service, in the development of effective training.