Chartwells takes over Chicago
- Up For Grabs. Pond, James // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the partnership between schools and food service contractors in the U.S. Terms of a food service contract awarded to Chartwells-Thompson Hospitality by Chicago Public Schools in Illinois; Background on the food service agreement signed by Sodexho with Saint Johns University in...
- Chicago to Revamp School Meal Approach. // Food Management;May2010, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the plans of the Chicago Public School to change its school menu approach in order to gain gold certification for some of its school sites under the U.S. Department of Agriculture's HealthierUS School Challenge.
- CPS COOKS UP CHANGE. Muhammad, Safiyyah P. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;11/23/2016, Vol. 51 Issue 36, p1
The article reports on the celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Chicago Public School (CPS) Cooking Up Change culinary initiative or competition which aim to involve students in the development of menu in the public school system.
- In California School Dist.: Special breakfasts attract parents. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p13
Highlights the breakfast program of the Santa Maria-Bonito School District in California. Details on the `Muffins for Mom' and `Donuts for Dad' program; Effectiveness of the program on getting parents and children together to eat; How the school cafeterias are decorated.
- Breakfast fuels the day. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the reliance of school kids on school food service for breakfast in the U.S. Value of a nutritious breakfast to the education process; Meal service for breakfast being offered by most of the schools in Chinle, Arizona; Popularity of Mexican foods in schools.
- WV ranks No. 1 in school breakfast. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the top national ranking of West Virginia for the efforts of school food service facilities in the state in promoting school breakfast programs.
- An FSD Newstrack Exclusive: Baltimore Schools Embrace Universal Free Breakfast. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p22
Probes on the `In Classroom Breakfast Program' of forty schools in Baltimore, Maryland. Results of the program; List of the program elements; Breakfast menu.
- Lunch and a Song. // Food Management;Oct2001, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p16
Features the theme song of the foodservice department of a public school in Charlotte County, Florida. Title of the song; Role of music in the development of a healthy environment for students; Attitude of students toward the song.
- Teach about global cultures with worldly foods. // Curriculum Review;May2005, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p11
Presents information on the use of multicultural cooking in teaching in the U.S. Background on a cooking seminar led by chef Art Smith for students of the Chicago Public School in Illinois; Views of fifth-grader Eleanor Cory on the seminar; Preparation of international dishes in school...