- LTC Raises The Bar On Meal Service. // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p74
This article presents the results of an annual survey of food operators in long-term care (LTC) facilities in the U.S. The survey shows that LTC facilities are putting a higher premium on food. There has been a 15.6 percent increase in the amount of money being spent on food. The number of...
- Examining the Relationship Between Workplace Support and Life Satisfaction: The Mediating Role of Job Satisfaction. Newman, Alexander; Nielsen, Ingrid; Smyth, Russell; Hooke, Angus // Social Indicators Research;Feb2015, Vol. 120 Issue 3, p769
This paper examines the influence of perceived organizational support and perceived supervisor support on employee life satisfaction. Structural equation modelling on data from 393 nurses from two Chinese hospitals revealed that job satisfaction fully mediated the relationship between perceived...
- SALES UP 20%: Forbes Hosp. cafe making hay. // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the increase in sales generated in the Haymaker Cafe vending area of the Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville, Pennsylvania as of May 15, 2003. Percentage of the sales increase; Background on the vending area; Dishes served in the Haymaker Cafe.
- Setting the tone for a new retirement age. Pond, James // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p28
The article considers the impact on long-term care businesses of the influx of older people with greater demands on and expectations of their foodservice providers. Barry Robinson of Sysco predicts that food preference of the U.S. senior will change greatly as time goes by. The changes are...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Long-term care braces for growth. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the improvement in food service at long-term care facilities in the U.S. according to the Long-term Care Industry Census Report released by the "FoodService Director" magazine. Quality of foods being served to ensure seniors' health; Efforts of food service operators in providing...
- HOW NURSING HOME F/S IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p51
Provides information on the performance report of food services at long-term care facilities in the U.S. in 2001. Percentage of increase in annual food purchases; Average meals-served-per-chain during the year; Total beds of the facilities; Average daily allocation during the year.
- Anthony's Pier 4 partners to feed nursing home patients. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/07/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p108
Reports on the partnership between food service operator Anthony's Pier 4 of Boston, Massachusetts, and Aurum Network, an operator of nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Terms of the deal.
- Nursing home converts lounge. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the opening of the Big Bear Cafe at the Suffield House, a long-term care facility in Suffield, Connecticut. Facility's use of a ticket system in lieu of cash; Patio-style tables with glass tops; Vending machine for sodas and breakfast items.