Chicago Needs More Debt to Pay for Millennium Park
- Seattle ponders structures for garage issue. Figler, Andrea; Marois, Mike // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p4
Reports on the plan of the city council of Seattle, Washington to review possible debt structures for a $74.5 million bond sale for a parking garage. Plan to buy the 1,200-stall Pacific Place parking garage from a private developer.
- Georgetown, Tex., to consider bond request to fund water park. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30615, p32
Reports that the city council of Georgetown, Texas, plans to seek voters' approval of a proposed municipal bond issue to finance the planned construction of a theme park in the city. Details of the proposed bond issue.
- $150 million GO-backed park, garage issue follows Chicago upgrades. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/03/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30406, p35
Reports on the city of Chicago, Illinois' $150 million limited-tax bond issue to pay for its Lakefront Millennium park project. Other bond issues planned by the city; George K. Baum & Co. as manager of the deal; Features of the park project; Bond counsel and financial adviser.
- Louisiana Bond Commission Approves $47 Million for Airport Garage Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p3
Reports on the Louisiana State Bond Commission's approval of a $47 million revenue bond issue to build a parking garage at the New Orleans International Airport. Expected capacity of the proposed parking garage; Other actions taken by the state bond commission.
- Florida's Triple-A Rated Marco Island to Sell $10 Million of GO for a Park. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p37
Reveals that Marco Island in Florida will sell general obligation bonds to buy land for a public park. Maturities of the deals; Structuring for debt service.
- Kansas Oz Theme Park Project Hits Yellow Brick Wall. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p6
Reports on that county commissioners have shelved the proposed Wonderful World of Oz theme park in Johnson County, Kansas. Concerns over how tax-exempt bonds will be repaid if the theme park's developers fail to make a profit; Factors that may give the project a second life.
- Spokane, Wash., Plans Hearing on Dissolution of Parking Authority. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;08/16/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30955, p3
Reports that the Spokane, Washington City Council has scheduled a public hearing for September 11, 2000 to consider dissolving the Spokane Parking Public Development Authority. Sale of parking revenue bonds to pay for the expansion and renovation of the River Park Square shopping mall's parking...
- GEORGIA: Green Light on Green Space. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/13/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33003, p9
The article reports on the decision of Cobb County, Georgia voters to approve the sale of $40 million of general obligation (GO) bonds to buy land for parks and green space. According to the author, the move is the second authorization since over 70% of voters approved $40 million of GO bonds...
- St. Louis Parking Bonds Upgraded. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;12/7/2015, p1
Standard & Poor's raised St. Louis's parking revenue bonds by one notch as the credit profile received a boost from a recent rate increase.