Effect of ondansetron, a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, on fatigue in chronic hepatitis C: a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled study
- Hepatitis C Infection Is Associated with Depressive Symptoms in HIV-Infected Adults with Alcohol Problems. Libman, Howard; Saitz, Richard; Nunes, David; Cheng, Debbie M.; Richardson, Jessica M.; Vidaver, John; Alperen, Julie K.; Samet, Jeffrey H. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2006, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p1804
OBJECTIVES: Depression is common in persons with HIV infection and with alcohol problems, and it has important prognostic implications. Neurocognitive dysfunction has been reported with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. We hypothesized that HCV infection is associated with more...
- The relationship between transient elastography and histological collagen proportionate area for assessing fibrosis in chronic viral hepatitis. Isgro, Graziella; Calvaruso, Vincenza; Andreana, Lorenzo; Luong, Tu; Garcovich, Matteo; Manousou, Pinelopi; Alibrandi, Angela; Maimone, Sergio; Marelli, Laura; Davies, Neil; Patch, David; Dhillon, Amar; Burroughs, Andrew // Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2013, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p921
Background: Collagen proportionate area (CPA) has a better correlation with hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) than with Ishak stage. Liver stiffness measurement (LSM) is proposed as non invasive marker of portal hypertension/disease progression. Our aim was to compare LSM and CPA with...
- The New Killer Virus You Can Catch From Sex. Califano, Julia // Cosmopolitan;May99, Vol. 226 Issue 5, p236
Provides information on hepatitis C. Information on the disease's symptoms; Advice on preventing the disease.
- Hepatitis C. Bergeron, Emily // Popular Science;Oct2002, Vol. 261 Issue 4, p119
Presents facts related to hepatitis C. Definition; Discovery of the disease; Prevalence of the disease; Symptoms.
- Correction. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;11/2/2012, Vol. 61 Issue 43, p886
A correction is presented to the article "Recommendations for the Identification of Chronic Hepatitis C Infection Among Persons Born During 1945-1965," published in "MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report."
- Citalopram for the Prevention of Depression and Its Consequences in HIV-Hepatitis C Coinfected Individuals Initiating Pegylated Interferon/Ribavirin Therapy: A Multicenter Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial. Klein, Marina B.; Lee, Terry; Brouillette, Marie-Josée; Sheehan, Nancy L.; Walmsley, Sharon; Wong, David K.; Conway, Brian; Hull, Mark; Cooper, Curtis; Haidar, Shariq; Vezina, Sylvie; Annable, Lawrence; Young, Simon; Zubyk, Wendy; Singer, Joel // HIV Clinical Trials (Thomas Land Publishers Incorporated);Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p161
Background: Depression related to interferon-alpha (IFN-Î±) is common, may reduce adherence, and can be treatment limiting. HIV-HCV coinfected persons experience lower sustained virologie response rates and commonly have psychiatric comorbidities, thus they may benefit from prevention of...
- Summaries for Patients. Prevention of Depression in Patients Treated for Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection With Interferon-alpha. Schaefer, M.; Sarkar, R.; Knop, V.; Effenberger, S.; Friebe, A.; Heinze, L.; Spengler, U.; Schlaepfer, T.; Reimer, J.; Buggisch, P.; Ockenga, J.; Link, R.; Rentrop, M.; Weidenbach, H.; Fromm, G.; Lieb, K.; Baumert, T. F.; Heinz, A.; Discher, T.; Neumann, K. // Annals of Internal Medicine;7/17/2012, Vol. 157 Issue 2, pI-40
The article presents information on a study on the use of antidepressant drug to prevent depression in patients who are treated for chronic Hepatitis C virus infection with interferon (IFN)-alpha. The antidepressant drug escitalopram or a placebo pill was given to the patients for two weeks...
- Peginterferon-a-2b: highs and lows in chronic HCV infection. // Reactions Weekly;10/29/2005, Issue 1075, p4
Reports on the occurrence of affective disorders during peginterfeon-Î±-2b therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection according to French researchers. Number of patients involved in the study; Percentage of patients who developed peginterferon-Î±-2b induced affective...
- A Preliminary Study on the Relationship between Platelet Serotonin Transporter Functionality, Depression, and Fatigue in Patients with Untreated Chronic Hepatitis C. Franke, Leonora; Therstappen, Eric; Schlosser, Beate; Biermer, Michael; Berg, Thomas; Schäfer, Martin; Arck, Petra; Uebelhack, Ralf; Friebe, Astrid // Depression Research & Treatment;2014, p1
Objective and Methods. Although the interaction between fatigue and depression in patients with chronic hepatitis C infection (HCV) has been recognized, the biological correlates of this observation have yet to be reported. We addressed this issue by examining serotonin transporter- (SERT-)...