The crisis in labour history
- The crisis in labour history. Fielding, Steven // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter95, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p48
Comments on an editorial of former editor David Howell concerning the crisis in labor history in Great Britain. Study of British labor movement policy; Problems faced by the labor movement; Role of labor history to lead the applause rather than problematize.
- Urgent action needed. Flett, Keith // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter95, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p49
Comments on an editorial of former editor David Howell concerning the crisis in labor history in Great Britain. Dangers of assimilation or integration into the agendas of revisionism; Pronouncement of the death of British labor history; Presentation of a challenge couched in the terms of...
- The labour history prospect. H, J. L.; D. M. // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter95, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p51
The article discusses the prospects on current perceptions of labor history crisis in Great Britain. Trade union leaders which had forecasts the conference of the labor history crisis and many economic commentators and incomes policy specialists were erupted in discontent. Modularizing and...
- A year of hard labor. Andelman, David A. // Management Review;Oct94, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p37
Focuses on the record of President Bill Clinton's administration and the Congress concerning organized labor. Shift from the campaign promises; Areas of marginal successes; Series of defeats in legislative measures.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. // Labour / Le Travail;Fall91, Vol. 28, p7
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Bruce Spencer on post-war British labour, one by Jeremy Webber and Robert Russel on state intervention in labour relations and another by Terry Crowley and Meg Luxton on women's role in the labour movement in Canada.
- A Global Workforce: The Phenomenon of Labour Mobility in the EU with Special Reference to Cyprus. Gouliamos, Kostas; Theocharous, Antonis L. // Hellenic Studies/Etudes Helleniques;2008, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p23
The present study provides a critical overview and assessment of the phenomenon of labour mobility in the EU with special reference to the microstate of Cyprus. At the same time the study provides a set of policy recommendations for curbing the problems hindering the optimization of mobility...
- The Future of the Labor Movement. // Social Policy;Winter2004/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p24
This section presents a cover page for as series of articles on the labor movement.
- Stand together. McConnell, Carolyn // Yes!;Fall2003, Issue 27, p33
Features the United States-based worker-rights activist group, Jobs With Justice. History of the organization; Issues focused on by the organization; Mission of Jobs With Justice.
- Laborers: Another revolt possible. // Filipino Reporter;2/28/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p15
The article reports that labor group Partido ng Manggagawa (PM) warned of another people power revolt if politicians are not able to make living in the Philippines better.