Goldman Seeks Transition Chief
- Goldman Sachs to hike Utah workforce to 700 during next three years. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/16/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 51, p2
The article reports on the plans of Goldman Sachs, an investment banking, securities and investment management firm based in New York City, to grow its workforce in Salt Lake City, Utah. The firm wants its Salt Lake City workforce to grow from 350 to more than 700 during the next three years. A...
- CS Fixed Income Chief to Resign? Freed, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/19/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p3
The article focuses on issues related to the likeliness of the resignation of Jim Healy, head of the fixed income division at Credit Suisse Group AG. It has been said that his new place in the pecking order did not appeal Healy and the recent appointment of Michael Ryan from Goldman Sachs & Co....
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Goldman Sachs Group SWOT Analysis;9/ 1/2014, p1
A business analysis of Goldman Sachs Group Inc., a global investment banking, securities and investment management firm, is presented, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) faced. Strengths include its leading position in the global banking and capital markets...
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. // Automotive News Europe;12/11/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 25, Special Section p14
The article features Goldman Sachs & Co., which provides investment banking, securities and investment management services. Its areas of expertise include mergers, strategic advisory assignments, corporate and asset-level finance and asset sales. Its commercial mortgage origination and...
- FOR THE PRIZE. Celarier, Michelle // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/19/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p38
Features Goldman Sachs, an investment bank and "Investment Dealers' Digest" (IDD) Bank of the Year. Trading and investment banking performance in 2003; Company's dominance in global equities underwriting and merger and acquisition advisory; Management reform in the company.
- BUST UP THE BANKS. Roubini, Nouriel; Mihm, Stephen // Newsweek;5/17/2010, Vol. 155 Issue 20, p42
The authors present what they believe needs to be done to fix the U.S. financial system. In their view, large banks should be broken up. The size of Citigroup Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and others, they argue, makes them too big to be effectively managed. They also believe certain barriers...
- Goldman's Pain, Morgan Stanley's Gain. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 45, p7
Reports on the rise of Morgan Stanley to the top spot in the equity market. Competition with Goldman Sachs; Factors contributed to the growth of Morgan Stanley in the equity market; Differences in Morgan Stanley and Goldman's business practices; Effectiveness of Morgan Stanley's marketing program.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: REAL ESTATE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/14/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p46
Presents data on securities in the real estate industry, underwritten by investment banks in the United States, as of February 7, 2005. Bear Stearns; Citigroup; Goldman Sachs.
- On Baking Banking Partnerships. Um, Sage // AiCIO News;2014, p1
In this article, the author shares his experience of visiting a investment conference organized by financial services firm Goldman Sachs during which role of investment banks in picking up pension clients was discussed. Topics discussed include views of Barry Kenneth, chief information officer...