- BUSINESS BRIEFS. // CED;Sep2000, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p86
Features a news update about broadband communications as of September 2000. Corning Inc.'s boost of capacity at photonic technologies plant in Erwin, New Jersey; Insight Communications Inc.'s use of Arris Cornerstone cable telephone service on its cable lines; Acquisition by Barco BV of Sereli...
- Insight Operator of the Year. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on Insight Communications, a broadband communications company. Number of subscribers; Main threat to the company's business; Information on the @Home transition of the company. INSET: Location and Strategy.
- Insight Launches 'In the Know' in Ohio. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;10/23/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p28
Reports that cable television company Insight Communications Co. has launched its Insight in the Know campaign which seeks to provide free cable-modem Internet access to schools in Columbus, Ohio. Details of the public-affairs program; Promotion of the features of broadband Internet.
- Cutting Edge. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/25/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 34, p14
Presents updates on the TV broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of August 2003. Details on the opening of the office of Omnibus Systems in Denver, Colorado; Deal signed by Insight Communications with HDNet; Use of Mobility Technologies' Traffic Pulse Networks two- and three-dimensional graphics...
- Auspice Helps Insight Pull Data Info Pieces Together. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p35
Reports the deal between Insight Communications Co. and Auspice Inc. in the U.S. Management of the InsightBB.com high-speed-data offering by Auspice; Software of Auspice; Function of the OpsLogic CMEx software.
- Insight Update:. // CableFAX Daily;6/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 108, p1
Reports an update on the high-speed data services outages encountered by the broadband customers of Insight as of June 5, 2006. Cities in the U.S. where the outages were experienced; Cause of the outages; Response of BellSouth to the problem.
- At What Price Victory? Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;7/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p68
Reports on the broadband price war between multisystem operators (MSO) and telephone companies. Strategy used by Insight Communications Inc. in dealing with the high-speed access price war; Features of broadband service packages offered by MSO and telephone companies; Comparison of the monthly...
- Adding Speed, With Ease. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;7/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p68
Reports on the measures taken by cable firms to upgrade their broadband speed. Steps in upgrading speed adopted by Charter Communications Inc.; Exploration of the upper speed limits by Cablevision Systems Corp.; Challenge related to speed faced by Insight Communications Co.
- The 'Sorry' Exec:. // CableFAX Daily;5/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 96, p1
Deals with issues concerning the service outages at Insight Communications Co. Criticisms against the company for its alleged spotty service; Failure of the company's high speed data service; Efforts by executive Michael Willner to apologize to the public for the service failure.