Spinning Web Video Into Gold
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...
- In the States. // CableFAX Daily;2/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p2
Reports on the decision by the municipal government in Taunton, Massachusetts to withdraw its proposed launching of cable TV service. Reason for the decision of the municipal government.
- Coen Watch: Cable TV. Coen, Robert; Ward, Adrienne // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, pS-20
Provides an outlook on cable television (TV) broadcasting in the U.S. for 1992. Reason that cable TV has more to look forward to than most other media industries; Expected increase in average unit prices for cable networks in 1992.
- CABLE FACES MULTIPLE CHALLENGES. Mermigas, Diane // Television Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p10
Discusses predictions on the challenges to be faced by the U.S. cable television industry in 2004. Efforts of the industry to offer new services; Concerns over the financial impact of the use of the pay-for-play business model by cable companies; Recommendations to video service businesses.
- CABLE'S INDIAN SUMMER. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p16
The article focuses on the popularity of the cable television networks during the summer season in the U.S. A study suggests that the industry has achieved its 10th-summer straight win over its broadcast rivals in household share. Despite the industry's success, the author argues that most...
- OPERATORS GIVE ESPN HIGH MARKS. // Cable World (10427228);1/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on the value attributed by U.S. cable television (TV) operators to ESPN cable TV network according to a study by Beta Research Corp. Amount that cable operators pay for ESPN per month; Other highly valued cable TV networks among operators.
- ALMOST ALL IN THE FAMILY. Hearn, Ted; Farrell, Mike; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p1
The article reports on the plan of top cable television operators in the U.S. to offer a profanity-free, sex-free bundle of channels to television consumers according to Kyle McSlarrow, president of the National Cable Telecommunications Association.
- Crunch Time for Cable Start-Ups. Hibberd, James // Television Week;5/3/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p1
Deals with the challenges faced by entrepreneurs who are planning to launch a cable network in the U.S. in 2004. Factors that contributed to the difficulties in cable network launching; Comments from cable television experts about the difficulties in launching cable television network; Factors...
- Nets Turn Up July Heat. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the performance of the cable broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of August 2004. Share of cable television in the viewing market; Improvement in the household ratings of cable; Programs added in cable television.