Akimbo Makes Full Cable Pitch
- Cable Nets Working to Supply VOD Programs, Packages. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p18
Presents information on the video-on-demand programs and packages being offered by cable television networks in the U.S. as of July 21, 2003. E! Presents Comcast on Demand; HBO on Demand; Independent Film Channel; IFC on Demand.
- SALUTING THE BEST IN DIGITAL, PPV, AND VOD MARKETING. // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p18A
Presents the Digital Case Study competition on operations and services of cable operators in the United States. Sponsors of the competition; Categories of the competition; Marketing ideas for industry leaders.
- Multi-Tier Promo Stems PPV Erosion. // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p20A
Reports the video-on-demand (VOD) and pay-per-view (PPV) campaigns among cable operators in the United States. Erosion in PPV usage and revenue; Factors influencing the increase of the usage of PPV and VOD; Company operation of Cablevision.
- S-A: SVOD Outings Shorter, More Frequent. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p24A
Reports the competition between video-on-demand use and subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) use among cable operators in the United States. Increase the performance of Time Warner Cable network; Prices of the Home Box Office SVOD; Average session duration of SVOD.
- Levin: video-on-demand a go at HBO. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;06/07/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the plans of Home Box Office (HBO) to launch an HBO video-on-demand (VOD) subscription service in the United States. Features of the venture; Assembly of the rights to start the VOD channel; Implementation of the involvement of studios and others selling programming to the network.
- Internet Saves Cable. GRASER, MARC // Variety;3/24/2015, Vol. 337 Issue 8, p25
The article presents statistics on U.S. cable and satellite television as of the fourth quarter of 2014 compared with pay television and Internet services.
- SupportSoft Helps Cox Help Subs. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p77
Reviews a Web site online help tool for high-speed subscribers from SuperSoft.
- Comcast an Early 'Sleeper' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p6
Focuses on the subscription video-on-demand (VOD) service being offered by Comcast Corp. via cable television network Showtime in the U.S. Inclusion of a proprietary Internet video package in the VOD arrangement; Television programs featured on VOD; Advantages of the service.
- Interactive TV's rough road. Kelly, Lindsey // Advertising Age;3/13/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 11, pS-12
The article focuses on the interactive television industry in the U.S. Cablevision plans to start limited commercial deployment of enhanced pay-per-view services to about 20,000 customers in the Long Island area in New York. The results of this deployment will deter- mine whether the company...