- Comcast an Early 'Sleeper' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p6
Focuses on the subscription video-on-demand (VOD) service being offered by Comcast Corp. via cable television network Showtime in the U.S. Inclusion of a proprietary Internet video package in the VOD arrangement; Television programs featured on VOD; Advantages of the service.
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p4
Presents an update on issues and events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 2005. Acquisition of Wisdom Media by America Online Inc.; Airing of the Emmy Awards; Launch of the "Ultimate Poker Challenge," television series by INHD.
- PERFORMANCE TRACKER. Ryan, Leslie // Television Week;1/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p31
Presents ratings of television programs in the U.S. as of January 26, 2004. Prime time television programs; Top shows by day; Top 10 cable networks.
- CABLE BUILDS A BIGGER STABLE. Frankel, Daniel // Variety;12/1/2008, Vol. 413 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on television programs in development for U.S. cable television networks. Subscription organizations such as HBO, AMC and TNT are developing a significant amount of new programming. The activity in cable television is contrasted with the broadcast networks, which are subject...
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;8/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 169, p2
The article reports on the rating of cable television networks in the U.S. according to Nielsen Media Research firm as of August 31, 2006. Household shares were dominated by USA and Disney which gained 20% and 15% of viewership respectively. TNT ranked third assuming a 13% share followed by...
- Cable seeks spot in frenetic lifestyle. Whitney, Daisy // Advertising Age;10/30/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 44, Special section pS4
The article discusses the use of video on demand services by cable television channels focused at women. Oxygen and WE TV have centered advertising campaigns and offerings around young women, who are often so busy that they have a hard time making an appointment to watch television. By utilizing...
- It's Showtime for Pay TV Net. Hibberd, James // Television Week;2/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the success of the premiere of "The L Word" by Showtime cable TV in the U.S. in January 2004. Efforts done by Showtime in marketing and promoting the program; Information on the plans of the network to launch a rebranding campaign; Comparison of the advertising budget of Showtime and...
- TNT LOOKS 'GUILTY' WITH 3 PIX. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;4/13/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the unveiling of three projects by Turner Network Television (TNT), "Pleading Guilty," "Avenger," and "The Librarian" in cable television. Synopsis of the film projects; Contention of broadcasting executives that its upcoming television series will be a success.