VOD End Runs Abound for Programmers
- Cable-Web Combo Sales Show Strength. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;12/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p12
Reports on the increase of Web site advertising sales of cable television networks in the United States. Comparison of the sales of Web sites between cable television networks and broadcast television networks, radio stations, and print publications; Shift of viewers from cable shows to Web...
- Adding Advertising in An On-Demand World. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);4/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p48
Discusses plans to put targeted advertising in video-on-demand (VOD) subscriptions. Information on the shotgun approach on advertising; Remarks from Stephen McHale, Everstream chairman and chief executive officer; Plans of nCube to demonstrate the advertisement-supported VOD platform.
- At NCTA, New Ad Strategies. Hibberd, James // Television Week;5/10/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the concerns expressed by panelists at the National Show in New Orleans, Louisiana about the impact of adoption of direct video recorders (DVR) and video-on-demand services on cable advertising revenues. Comments from Kevin Leddy, senior vice president of product development at Time...
- Coming Back for More. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/2/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 26/27, p16
The article reports on the view of cable television operators on video-on-demand (VOD) as a tool for customer retention. VOD services do generate dollars for operators through movies and via a cut of advertising revenues. The secret weapon of VOD may lie in premium VOD services from networks...
- Cable, Web Bright Spots In a Sluggish Ad Market. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p19
The article reports that cable and Internet advertising sales figures in the U.S. increased in the first quarter of 2007 compared to the same period of the previous year, according to data from TNS Media Intelligence. The growth of cable television was attributed to the ability of niche networks...
- TAKING IN ALL THE SITES. Robins, Wayne // Editor & Publisher;12/10/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 48, pC8
Reports that Tribune Interactive's Oxygen-rich environment provides advertising, editorial, and technical support. Oxygen as a cable television channel and a web site aimed at women; Other newspapers expanding its services to the Internet.
- Viewers pick Showtime flick via Internet. // Hotel & Motel Management;9/02/96, Vol. 211 Issue 15, p53
Reports on Showtime cable television network's use of the Internet in its promotional campaign.
- Nick At Net. Owens, Jennifer // Adweek Southeast Edition;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p70
Provides information on Web site company Nick.com that acts as an entertainment promotional division of Nikelodeon, a cable television program in the United States. Discussion on the products and services offered by the web site; Use of interactive games and cartoon characters to boost Internet...
- Heavens to Betsy: GM's Lazar Issues VOD Call to Arms. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p1
Presents remarks from Betsy Lazar of General Motors Corp. that media buyers like her are looking for multisystem operator (MSO) in the U.S. to develop their video-on-demand (VOD) advertising business. Significance of the Internet for the media buyers; Facts about the VOD channel Driver TV;...