Comcast Trumpets 'Rome'
- Leg Up for NFL Network. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p14
Reports that the National Football League (NFL) has secured a digital basic carriage deal with multisystem operator (MSO) Comcast Corp. for its NFL Network. Number of digital cable subscribers of Comcast Corp.; Information on some of the video-on-demand offerings that will be made available to...
- Comcast Free On Demand Programming. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p22
Lists the free on-demand video television programming offered by cable operator Comcast Corp. for December 2004.
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p22
The article presents updates on the cable programming of Comcast Corp. "CN8 Presents: Celebrate '06," a live comedy and music programming will be presented by Comcast Network. The Oxygen video-on-demand service from Comcast Corp. is now available to digital television consumers.
- That's Advertainment! Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p16
Reports on the trend in integrating advertising and entertainment in cable television. Plan of Brief Original Broadcasts to launch a digital channel; Creative work of Nike; Tests conducted on the pricing of the service. INSET: CLUTTER AS CONTENT.
- To Live and Watch Ads in L.A. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p20A
The article focuses on the variety of advertisements shown on cable television in the U.S. In the morning time zone, Fox News Channel and Cable News Network glued to coverage of a tainted mail scare out of Washington state. In USA Network, showing the theatrical Loser, there's a local spot for...
- Cable connects with advertisers. Cooper, Jim // Adweek Midwest Edition;09/20/99, Vol. 40 Issue 38, Media Outlook p38
Provides information on the condition of cable television industry. Projections for cable's future; Conclusion of Veronis, Suhler in its annual Communications Industry Forecast, a report on advertisers; Details on Veronis' report on the total day ratings for all of cable.
- The Golf Channel Drives Toward 50 Million. Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);5/20/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p30
Focuses on the television programming performance of the Golf Channel, as of May 2002. Growth of the network's television viewership; Factors that contributed to the success of the network, according to its network president Dave Manougian; Forecast on its advertising gains; Extension of the...
- Ads On-Demand. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;7/25/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 30, p28
Deals with the plans of cable television operators in the U.S. to monetize free video-on-demand (VOD) through advertising. Forms of VOD advertising being used by cable operators; Decision of Nielsen to add VOD to its viewership statistics; Impact of VOD on the television advertising business. ...
- Business-on-demand. Robinson, Thomas G. // CED;Mar2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p54
Discusses issues concerning marketing strategies of cable television operators in the U.S. Considerations in Internet advertising; Possible role of video-on-demand technology in attracting customers.