More Basic Erosion Forecast in Second
- Cablevision Ready to Roll Out VoIP. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p1
Cablevision Systems Corp. is coming out with an aggressive plan to roll the Internet-protocol telephony technology out to its entire Optimum Online high-speed data footprint by the third quarter of this year, as of June 2003. The rollout, which will turn up a telephony service passing 3.1...
- On Hold: Comcast Delays VoIP Launch. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the Internet Protocol telephone service of the cable industry in the U.S. Reason for the delay of the telephony business of Comcast; Comment from executives of Comcast.
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...
- The mother of all networks. Tudor, Geoffrey; Young, Holland // CED;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p73
Reports on the efforts of cable television operators to expand their business beyond service transport technologies. Planned migration to a unified all-Internet Protocol (IP) network topology; Transition to a unified IP network.
- Comcast Rises to VolP Challenge. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p3
Reports the legitimacy of Internet-protocol telephony in the cable industry in the U.S. Requisite research for the technology; Reduction of capital expenditures; Security of capital investment of the industry.
- Basic Subscribership: Growth Is Back. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p3
Offers observations on the growth of basic-cable service in the U.S. Reason behind the growth; Advantages of the voice-over Internet protocol service; Increase in the number of basic subscribers of cable provider Cablevision Systems Corp.
- CABLE PICKS UP. // Multichannel News;4/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p24
The article focuses on the report given by Craig Moffett, analyst of Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., which highlights that Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC), Comcast Corp. and Cablevision Systems Corp. should exceed in the general market in the U.S. Moffett expects that the better performance of those...
- Forecasting Phone Gains at Comcast. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p82
This article reports on the sales forecast for Philadelphia-based cable operator Comcast Corp. for the second quarter of 2006. According to several analysts, Comcast is expected to add 175,000 to 275,000 voice-over-Internet protocol telephony customers in the period and that performance for the...