WHAT MADELEINE ALBRIGHT KNEW, AND DIDN'T DO ABOUT IT
- Albright named first Female Secretary of State. // Junior Scholastic;01/24/97, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p6
Announces President Bill Clinton's appointment of Madeleine K. Albright as his new Secretary of State. Service as the President's chief diplomat and adviser on foreign affairs; Ranking of a Secretary of the State in the Cabinet; Attorney General Janet Reno as a high-ranking female Cabinet...
- Voice of America. Gibbs, Nancy; Angelo, Bonnie // Time;12/16/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 27, p32
Profiles Madeleine Albright, who was appointed in December 1996 as the first female Secretary of State in United States history by President Bill Clinton. Her outspoken nature; Her tenure as US ambassador to the United Nations (UN); Criticism of Albright; Her childhood; Her marriage and...
- The lady is a hawk. Cooper, Matthew; Sonenshine, Tara; Barry, John // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/17/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6051, p66
Profiles Madeleine Albright, United States President Bill Clinton's choice to succeed Warren Christopher as Secretary of State as Clinton heads toward his second term as President in 1996. Her background in foreign diplomacy and policy; Other candidates for the job that she beat; Background...
- State in play. // Newsweek;12/23/1996, Vol. 128 Issue 26, p6
Reports on the nomination of Madeleine Albright for the position of United States Secretary of State. The likelihood of Albright getting the position; The difficulties she will face should she get the job.
- Voice of America. Gibbs, Nancy; Angelo, Bonnie // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/16/96, Issue 51, p44
Profiles Madeleine Albright, the United State's first female Secretary of State. Why she was chosen for the post by President Bill Clinton.; Charges of her critics; Family background; Highlights of political career; Comments by Albright.
- A grownup at state. Ogden, Christopher // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/16/96, Issue 51, p46
Opinion. Offers observations on President Bill Clinton's choices for his national-security team for his second term of office. Suggestion that the group is evidence that the United States remains adrift internationally, still looking for a global role in the post-cold war world; Areas on which...
- Albright's Makeover. Hirsh, Michael // Bulletin with Newsweek;07/11/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6232, p82
Discusses United States Secretary of State Madeleine Albright's change of her image and the persona she displays when conducting matters of state. Promotion of Albright's all-American agenda; Statements by Albright was hurt by criticism about the way she acted in the past; Reasons why...
- The New Geopolitics of Southeast Europe. ALBRIGHT,, MADELEINE K. // Vital Speeches of the Day;06/01/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 16, p482
Presents a speech by United States Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright, delivered to the East-West Institute Panel, New York, New York, on May 2, 2000, concerning the geopolitics of Southeastern Europe in the 21st century.
- "Every woman's middle name is Guiltâ€¦". Nelson, Sara // Glamour;Oct2003, Vol. 101 Issue 10, p187
Interviews former United States secretary of state Madeleine Albright, on being a high-ranking female government official. Treatment received by Albright from foreign officials; Challenges encountered by Albright in being a female government official.