ABOVE ALL, NO OFFENSE
- World Vision Boots Austrian Affiliate. // Christianity Today;02/08/99, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p22
Reports that the board of World Vision (WV) International voted to sever ties with World Vision Austria. Reason for the move; Allegation against World Vision Austria national director Tina Krones-Taurer and her husband, Wolfgang Krones; Reorganization of WV in Austria.
- Shortchanging Charities. // Christianity Today;3/11/2002, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p35
Focuses on the unanimous approval of faith-based organizations on charitable donations. Participants in the January 2002 meeting of organizations; U.S. legislation which provides hiring protection for religious groups.
- Baptist alliance stung by SBC cuts. // Christianity Today;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p26
Reports the decision of the executive committee of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) to cut its donation to the Baptist World Alliance (BWA) in 2003. Amount that would be cut from the annual donation of the SBC to the BWA; Possible reason behind the decision of the SBC; Effects of the...
- Plymouth Rock Foundation. D'Agostino, Joseph A. // Human Events;08/27/99, Vol. 55 Issue 32, p17
Provides information on the Plymouth Rock Foundation. Reason the organization is located in New Hampshire and not Massachusetts; Comments from Rus Walton, executive director of the group; Distinction between the Puritans of the Massachusetts Bay Colony and the Pilgrims of Plymouth Rock;...
- GRCF Gets 'Icehouse.'. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/19/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p23
The article reports on the purchase of the Icehouse building by the Grand Rapids Community Foundation. The building will become the permanent home of the philanthropic organization. It is situated at 72 Grandville Avenue and has more than 17,000 square feet of office space. The foundation is...
- La Escantada preview raises funds for charity. // Inside Tucson Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p15
Reports on the fund raising initiated by La Encantada through its newest shopping destination "Enchanted Evening" in Tucson, Arizona.
- Tavis Smiley Hosts Celebrity Benefit Gala For His National Foundation. // Jet;10/29/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 20, p14
Discusses a celebrity benefit called 'Salute to Youth Leadership' to support the Tavis Smiley Foundation.
- Jackie Robinson Foundation's 'An Afternoon Of Jazz' Fund-Raiser Features Aretha Franklin. // Jet;07/17/2000, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p33
Discusses 'An Afternoon of Jazz,' a fund-raiser in Norwalk, Connecticut hosted by the Jackie Robinson Foundation, at which rhythm and blues singer Aretha Franklin performed.
- NHBR about town. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/9/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p15
Photographs of several notable people in New Hampshire who attended different fund raising events and received various awards from organizations in the state are presented.