It's All About Relationships
- Cable turning corner in fixing image. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p18
Highlights the efforts of cable companies in the United States to improve customer services. Personal service offered to customers; Offering of customer refunds or free installation; Completion of standard cable installations; Provision of itemized cable bills. INSET: A cable service checklist.
- Research. // CableFAX Daily;11/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 221, p2
The article reports on the need for multi-service operators in the U.S. to continue launching services and improve customer care according to the study "Changing Channels: Content Delivery at the Intersection of Telecom and Media" conducted by Management Net Group.
- Finance Execs Offered Aid With Reporting Issues. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);9/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the efforts of Mary Collins, president and CEO of the U.S. Broadcast Cable Financial Management Association (BCFM), to assist cable company finance departments meet the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. Plans for cable membership in BCFM; Objective of the financial...
- Johnson Raps Cable Industry for 'Lip Service' to Blacks. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;9/15/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 37, p10
Interviews Black Entertainment Television (BET) CEO Robert Johnson about Afro-American cable programming in the U.S. Reason behind the failure of Afro-American-targeted channels; Challenges faced by TV One network; Importance of Viacom to BET.
- Cable wins some, but still loses where it hurts. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Sep2005, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses the results of the annual Residential Cable/Satellite Television Satisfaction Study which brings a classic case of god/bad news for the cable industry in the U.S. On the good side, operators appear to be doing a much better job on customer satisfaction, but that trend has...
- community. // Multichannel News;1/6/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p28
The article offers views of U.S. cable television industry expert Jeff Baumgartner on Netflix Inc., presents a cartoon on the U.S. cable television industry and also offers statistics on wireless connection in 2012 in the U.S.
- There's No Coming Back From a Bad First Impression. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);9/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p10
Comments on the kind of customer service provided by companies in the cable television industry in the U.S. DirectTV; EchoStar; Comcast.
- THIS JUST IN. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 50, p34
The article offers news briefs related to cable television industry. The lineup for the Cable Show '09 which is set from April 1-3, 2009 will feature several chief executive officers including Comcast chairman and CEO Brian Roberts. Preliminary discussions on making a joint bid for the U.S. TV...
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...