- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/27/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 187, p2
The article reports on the programming of cable networks in the U.S. as of September 2005. It cites some movies that will be aired by NBCU. Changes in the programming of ESPN Classic are stated.
- Cable tries MOW wow. Grego, Mellissa // Variety;05/07/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 12, p1
Deals with the business operation of basic cablers in the United States entertainment industry. Advent of several cable networks; Trend in television movie broadcasting from basic cablers; Competition among the cable companies; Reason the music television video programming decided to join...
- Lights, camera...not much action. Berman, Marc // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/28/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 22, pSR18
Focuses on United States-based television networks' broadcasting of motion pictures as of May 28, 2001. Television networks' cancellation of their movie broadcasts; Increase in cable television networks' airing of original movies.
- Nets give short shrift to longform. Adalian, Josef; Bernstein, Paula // Variety;02/26/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on the plan of some United States television networks to eliminate their Sunday motion picture franchise to get viewers to watch longform events. Evidence of NBC network's shifting movie strategy; Trouble facing Peacock Entertainment; Success of Fox on its Sunday movie franchise.
- DEMOCRATIZING MEDIA. Peck, Lee Anne // Quill;Aug2008, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on television network Current TV LLC and its involvement in educating journalism students. The article suggests that Current TV is a useful outlet for student work because uploaded stories get extensive feedback from producers and it provides a wider audience for student...
- MIPCOM NOTES. // Daily Variety;10/04/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 23, p10
Reports developments on television broadcasting in the United States as of October 2000. Debut of the motion picture 'Powder Park' internationally; Extension of agreement between RTV Family Entertainment and Nelvana; Deal between World Wrestling Entertainment and Jsky Sports.
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p54
Presents the highlights from the August 2005 subscription video-on-demand offerings from various cable television networks in the U.S. Movies to be aired by Home Box Office; Television series from Showtime; Shows on Starz on Demand.
- Epix sets its launch slate. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;10/13/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 7, p4
The article announces that Epix, a pay television (TV) channel, will be launched on October 30, 2009 in the U.S. The author mentions that the cable network's premiere programming will include the television broadcasting of "Iron Man" and the world premiere of Madonna's concert "Sticky and Sweet:...
- NBC, Fox neck and neck in 18-49 sweeps contest. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;11/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p4
Announces the competition among television stations for ratings among the adults 18 to 49 viewers in the United States. Schedule changes made by NBC in order to hold off competition; Fox's re-airing of the film `The Lost World: Jurassic Park'; NBC's top rating among young viewers; Impact of...