The English Patient Plays Casablanca
- The Role I Liked Bestâ€¦. Meredith, Burgess // Saturday Evening Post;4/15/1950, Vol. 222 Issue 42, p191
Comments on portraying the role of Huertin in the motion picture "The Man on the Eiffel Tower." Opportunity to wear old clothes during the production of the film; Information on the film's setting in Paris, France; Overview of a positive review for the film.
- "Reading" Design in The Go-Between. Tashiro, Charles Shiro // Cinema Journal;Fall93, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p17
The article focuses on the interaction between set design and a film's narrative. In a melodrama, the semantics and syntactics are increased by lighting, composition and decor. The designer starts to conceptualize the film during the first reading of the script, which is considered the...
- The Role I Liked Bestâ€¦. Coburn, Charles // Saturday Evening Post;9/13/1947, Vol. 220 Issue 11, p61
The article discusses the author's experience of portraying the role of Dandy Gow in the film "The Green Years." He cites the characteristics that he liked on Gow, including his lack of inhibitions. He also expressed his appreciation of the realistic settings in the film as well as its cast and...
- The Two Films of Gaslight. MCDONALD, NEIL // Quadrant Magazine;Jun2014, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p89
The article analyzes two versions of the film "Gaslight" directed by Thorold Dickinson and George Cukor. It explores the illustrations of characters, settings, and plots in both productions. It examines the similarities and differences of both works, particularly the artistry of the directors...
- There's no place like home. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;4/10/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 4, pA1
Focuses on the trend in film locations in the U.S. Consequences with the heightened security threat abroad; Cost benefits of shooting within the country; List of potential shooting sites.
- Locals give boost to hometown production. Muttalib, Bashirah // Daily Variety;4/10/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 4, pA3
Focuses on the increase in film productions set within the U.S. List of films shot in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Factors influencing the prevalence of films set in San Francisco, California; Impact of the advancement in computer technology on film production.
- East End Follies. Malkin, Marc S.; Schoeneman, Deborah // New York;3/17/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p11
Reports various film productions set in East End, New York. Casts in the film 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mond'; Title for the film of Kim Basigner; Total rooms booked for the shooting of the film of Jack Nickolson and Diane Keaton.
- The Role I Liked Best â€¦. Albert, Eddie // Saturday Evening Post;9/18/1948, Vol. 221 Issue 12, p174
The article discusses the author's portrayal of the role of Bing Edwards in the motion picture "Brother Rat." It is said that the film was enjoyed by officers of the Virginia Military Institute (VMI) in Lexington despite its mockery of most of the institute's sacred traditions. His favorite...
- The Role I Liked Bestâ€¦. Ruggles, Charlie // Saturday Evening Post;10/16/1948, Vol. 221 Issue 16, p166
The article discusses the author's portrayal of the character of rich man Michael O'Connor in the motion picture "It Happened on Fifth Avenue." He admires the variations in the character of Michael. His favorite part of the movie was when Michael joined a group of veterans tossing out overripe...