'INTO THE WEST' RIDES STRONG IN NIELSENS
- TRADING RACES. Stack, Tim // Entertainment Weekly;3/10/2006, Issue 867, p54
The article rates some past and present television programs in the U.S. that use racial differences as a theme.
- Season Crown Down to Wire for Nets Again. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;4/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p1
This article reports on several television networks competing for the 18-49 demographic in the U.S. before the closing of the 2005-2006 television season. The top three networks in the 18-49 demographic are CBS, Fox and ABC. Advertisers benefit from the ratings competition of television...
- RATINGS 03/13-19/06. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/3/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 14, p15
Presents several charts which list the top television programs and television comedies in the U.S., ranked according to audience ratings, from March 13, 2006 to March 19, 2006.
- Growing pains. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;5/3/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 18, pSR16
Provides information on the strategies to increase advertisers and viewership ratings of medium-sized cable operators owned by major network companies in the U.S. List of television programs that contribute to the ratings of the networks; Focus of network channels on specific groups as...
- Beck fires up Fox News pulpit. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;12/16/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 51, p2
The article discusses the significant role of Glenn Beck in increasing the ratings of Fox News Channel (FNC) in the U.S. The author credits Beck for attracting increasing number of audience to the 5'o clock Eastern hour timeslot. He also points out criticisms on Beck's antics and its role to his...
- All-star panel reinvents upfront. // Advertising Age;5/3/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 18, pS-2
Presents a roundtable discussion among marketers, media buyers and television (TV) analysts regarding the 2004 upfront TV advertising market in the U.S. Outlook of David Verklin on the demand for TV upfront; Response of advertisers to the increase in advertising rates and the decline in TV...
- Ratings bingo at Spanish-lingo nets. Sutter, Mary // Variety;11/7/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 12, p17
This article reports on the performance of two U.S. Spanish-language networks as of November 2005. Television network Telemundo said primetime viewership in October 2005 among adults 1849 averaged a 3.3 rating, or 663,000 people, up 10% compared to the same period in 2004. Univision has not...
- REALITY CHECK. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/22/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 48, p27
The article reports that reality-television feeding frenzy of a few years back has settled into what one might call a quiet dinner, and now executives are beginning to take stock of what's on the menu. Audiences for veteran shows like CBS' juggernaut "The Amazing Race" have slipped from their...
- Nielsen passive meter test near. Walley, Wayne // Advertising Age;9/10/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 37, p64
Focuses on the passive people meter, a proposed method to measure television viewers in the U.S. Overview of how the method works; Benefits of the method to advertisers; Problems associated with the implementation of the method; Plan for the promotion of the method.